DAddario XL Balanced Tension Nickel Wound Guitar Strings
The DAddario XL Balanced Tension Nickel Wound Guitar Strings provide maximum playing comfort for a more natural playing experience! These remarkable strings are comprised of mathematically optimized string gauge combinations, resulting in greater control and comfort. Combined with the distinctive bright tone of XL nickel wound strings, each XL Balanced Tension set offers greater dynamic control and a more consistent feel between strings for evenly balanced bending, strumming, fretting, picking, and plucking.
These balanced set are comprised of XL Nickel Wound strings, D'Addario's most popular electric guitar strings, which are precision wound with nickel plated steel onto a carefully drawn, hexagonally shaped, high carbon steel core. The result, strings with long lasting, distinctive bright tone and excellent intonation, is ideal for the widest variety of guitars and musical styles.
DAddario XL Balanced Tension Guitar Strings Features
- Balanced Tension sets allow for evenly balanced bending, strumming, fretting, picking, and plucking
- Based on traditional gauges, but optimized for balanced tension between strings
- Even effort while bending, strumming, plucking and slapping delivers improved dynamic control
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
D'Addario XL Balanced Tension guitar strings are the solution to a problem long associated with traditional strings. The standard set gauges we've all come to know and love were developed decades ago through trial and error with little regard for technical logic. When you look closely at the tensions in a traditional set, they can vary dramatically between strings, which can result in some strings feeling tighter or looser in relation to the others. These differences in tension can contribute to players altering their techniques to compensate for these variances.