The DigiTech Brian May Red Special Pedal delivers seven signature sounds with fourteen unique variations, spanning over thirty years of incredible tone.
From the unmistakable solos of We Will Rock You and Bohemian Rhapsody to the one and only Deacy amp, the Brian May Red Special Pedal lets you walk in the footsteps of one of rock’s most influential guitar masters and achieve one of guitarists’ most sought-after tones.
Working closely with Brian May and Eddie Kramer, Senior Production Modeling Consultant (and world-class recording engineer), our Production Modeling team delivers the tone that has inspired a generation of guitarists. The meticulously crafted tones of the Red Special Pedal are modeled with the same gear used in the original recordings. Design your own unique tones using the Red Special Pedal’s models and modes. Tweak the gain, level, bass, treble and control knobs to create your own tone.
DigiTech has even included a proprietary guitar knob that re-voices your guitar to sound like Brian’s legendary Red Special’s Burns Tri-Sonic pickups.
The Red Special Pedal’s cast metal treadle also offers Heel and Toe switches that let you select two distinctive tone variations of each model. The LED lights Green (toe) or Red (heel) to show the selection.
All tones are modeled from Brian’s Red Special (Burns Tri-Sonic pickups) with a treble booster and Vox AC30 amp unless otherwise noted.
Keep Yourself Alive
- Intro with modeled tape flange.
- Solo with tape flange.
The timeless rock anthem truly comes to life thanks to DigiTech Production Modeling.
- 1st Solo with vocal-like sustain achieved with out-of-phase Red Special guitar neck and middle pickups.
- Heavy Rock Rhythm and Finale Orchestral Fanfare with Deacy amp.
Tie Your Mother Down
- Intro with Brian’s main tone with volume backed off to 3/4 using bridge and middle pickups.
- Solo tone using the bridge and middle pickups and the volume full up. Just add a bottle slide for the perfect finishing touch to this great tone.
We Will Rock You - Champions
The classic rally anthem for the people.
Take on the world someday... wavin’ your banner all over the place
- Fiery rhythm and lead tones using neck and middle out-of-phase and in-phase into the treble booster, Foxx Foot Phaser and AC30.
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Stunning acoustic intro modeled
from an Ovation 6-string.
- Solo — a rare instance where Brian used a Fender Telecaster and a mid 60’s guitar amp for a more rockabilly sound.
Brighton Rock Solo - Live
- Brian’s main live solo tone with tight chorus and delay. Bridge and middle pickups in phase, treble booster and three Vox AC30 amps.
- Alternative main live tone with Orchestral Harmonizer in 3-part pitch-shifting.
Deacy Tone - A Winter’s Tale
- Clean Red Special Guitar tone,
treble booster, deacy.
- Same clean tone with delay and reverb
added as a post effect.
Other product names modeled in this product are trademarks of their respective companies that do not endorse and are not associated or affi liated with DigiTech or Harman International Industries, Inc. Vox, Foxx, Burns, Tri-Sonic, Ovation, Les Paul and Fender Telecaser are trademarks of other manufacturers and were used merely to identify products whose sounds were reviewed in the creation of this product.
OPTIONAL FS3X FOOTSWITCH
Gives you fast, Hands-Free access to all Red Special Pedal models and modes.