The Behringer Europower PMP6000 Powered Mixer is a 1600-Watt 20-Channel Powered Mixer with Dual Multi-FX Processor and FBQ Feedback Detection System. These new mixers produce even more power than their predecessors while maintaining a famously low weight and high efficiency. The PMP6000 employs Class-D technology including a new switch-mode power supply, significantly reducing weight and heat. The 20-channel PMP6000 features 12 built-in XENYX preamps, the 16-channel PMP4000 features 8 built-in XENYX mic preamps, and the 10-Channel PMP1680S features 8 high-quality built-in mic preamps. All three models feature 24-bit FX processors and FBQ Feedback Detection.
Behringer PMP6000 Powered Mixed Features
- Ultra-compact 2 x 800-Watt stereo powered mixer (1600 Watts bridged)
- Revolutionary Super-lightweight Class-D amplifier technology
- Offers Ultra-compact design with half the weight of other powered mixers
- 20-channel mixer section features
- 12 mono and 4 stereo channels
- Separate CD/Tape input/output
- 2 studio-grade 24-bit stereo FX processors with 100 awesome presets
- includes reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, and various multi-effects
- Revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection system for easy feedback removal
- 12 high-quality XENYX Mic Preamps with switchable +48 V phantom power
- 3-band EQ, switchable Low cut filter, and Clip LEDs on all mono channels
- Stereo 7-band graphic EQ for precise frequency correction of monitors or mains
- Voice Canceller function removes singer’s voice from recordings for karaoke
- Amp selectable between Stereo-L/R, Main/Monitor or bridged mono operation
- Speaker Processing adjusts frequency response to match pro speaker systems
- Includes Behringer Eurolive series and several others
- Standby switch silences channels while CD/Tape input supplies background music
- XPQ 3D stereo surround effect for an enhanced stereo image
- Adjustable stereo 2-Track input for connecting external line sources
- Multi-functional stereo Preamp outputs for added flexibility
- Internal switch-mode power supply
- Noise-free audio
- Superior transient response
- Very low power consumption
- High-quality components and rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by Behringer Germany
What is Class-D Technology?
Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class-D amps switch on and off thousands of times per second, delivering power only when needed. In other words, the amplifier is either fully on or fully off, which significantly reduces power losses from the output devices given off as heat. Less heat means these amps don’t need massive heat sinks, and that means Behringer can make them lighter. The no-compromise design means the new PMP mixers will deliver full power with incredible fidelity all night long, without the need for lengthy rest cycles.
When used in conjunction with switching-mode power supplies, which don’t require huge and heavy transformers, these Class-D amplifiers provide tremendous dynamic punch and superior fidelity. The resulting speaker systems are much lighter, making them easy to transport and set up.
Small, Simple, Superb
|Massive Mono or Stunning Stereo
The PMP6000 gives you the choice of 2 x 800-Watt stereo, 2 x 800-Watt dual mono mode (giving you a mono version of the main signal through one powered output plus a mono version of all monitor send signals through the second powered input) or 1,600-Watt bridged mono sound. Whether the center of attention happens to be a folk trio, a speech, or a synth-rock band with mind-boggling stereo patches, PMP mixers can accommodate. This sonic versatility also makes it an excellent choice for churches, where vocals and stereo recordings often share face time.
Classic Control, State-of-the-Art Sound
Leave the mic preamps at home, because the quality of sound that was once only available in the studio is ready to go wherever you do. Built-in, boutique-caliber mic preamps with switchable +48 V phantom power make it possible to use either dynamic or condenser mics with the PMP Series. The PMP6000 gives you 12 mic inputs.
Built-in Digital Effects Processor
The new generation of PMP mixers come equipped with 24-bit FX processors, giving you 100 mind-blowing digital effect presets such as delay, chorus and reverb. Apply them to any channel, as well as to the monitors and main output. In case you’re pulling double duty as sound engineer and performer, the FX processors features a footswitch jack for remote on/off. Of course, if you have treasured outboard gear you’ve grown attached to, these mixers can integrate them into the mix while leaving out the built-in FX processor.
Changing the Channels
The PMP Series gives you excellent flexibility to accommodate whatever a performance requires. The PMP600 Class D Powered Mixer offers 12 channels for mics, guitars and other mono instruments while channels 13-20 are designed to work in pairs as stereo channels, or split independently for more mono instruments. All mono channels have 3-band EQ, switchable Low cut filter for eliminating infrasonics, and Clip LEDs to indicate when the input signal is too hot.
The Behringer PMP6000 uses a STANDBY switch that mutes all mic channels during breaks, preventing the microphones from picking up noise or interference. You can leave all faders untouched while you play a CD via the CD/TAPE inputs.
The FBQ Feedback Detection system automatically shows you which frequencies are causing feedback. Just touch the FBQ button and watch the red LEDs on the 7-band graphic EQ pinpoint show you which frequencies to adjust for optimized sound, without the feedback.
The Ins and Outs
Use the CD/TAPE IN RCA inputs to feed in external stereo signals from CD players or tape decks. The VOICE CANCELLER switch eliminates the vocals from pre-recorded music for instant karaoke applications.
CD/TAPE OUT RCA outputs send line-level signals from the mixer to a recording device. The left and right output 1/4 inch connectors can be used for a variety of purposes, including connecting more power amps. Connect monitor power amps or active monitor speakers to the MON SOUND output. Powered outputs on these mixers are available in professional Speakon-compatible format.
Medium-sized events call for a lightweight, easy-to-use powered mixer. BEHRINGER powered mixers are the most efficient, affordable mixers for the job, and are even suitable for use as pure analog mixers or as pure power amplifiers. With new technological advantages and incredible built-in features, it’s easier than ever to lend exceptional sound quality to all kinds of public performances.