Epiphone Masterbilt DR500MCE Acoustic Electric Guitar combines traditional construction methods and historic features with premium all solid tone woods to bring you a new ‘vintage’ instrument with deep rich lows, shimmering highs and a balanced mid-range. Featuring a solid Sitka Spruce top, hand-scalloped Sitka Spruce braces, and mahogany kerfing along with a rosewood bridge and bone saddle, the DR500MCE's historic dreadnought shape with a spectacular cutaway also contributes to its great tone.
The Masterbilt DR500MCE also has a solid mahogany back and sides, which adds to the guitar's legendary tone as well as a hand-shaped solid mahogany neck. The 25.5 inch scale mahogany neck joins the body at the 14th fret and is adorned with split-diamond pearl fretboard inlays. The ‘off-set’ headstock has a ‘stickpin’ headstock inlay along with a 1.68 inch bone nut.
The Epiphone Masterbilt DR500MCE Acoustic Electric Guitar comes alive when plugged-in, thanks to the eSonic2 preamp system. The Sonic2 preamp features a built-in, easy-to-use tuner. Other controls on this state-of-the-art preamp include Master Volume, NanoFlex Tone, NanoMag Tone, stereo blend, low battery indicator and a phase switch to help eliminate unwanted feedback.
Epiphone Masterbilt DR500MCE Acoustic Electric Guitar Features
- Quality vintage-style Grover Sta-Tite 18:1 ratio machine heads
- Imitation tortoise pickguard, nickel hardware
- Bound body, neck and headstock
- NanoFlex uses unique flexible sensing material featuring integrated active electronics
- NanoMag pickup mounted at the end of the fingerboard
- NanoMag has 3 Samarian-Cobalt magnets and integrated active circuit to capture a range of harmonics
- Sitka Spruce top is that it gets better with age
- Superbly shaped cutaway allowing for easy reach of all the frets
- When engaged, output is automatically muted with no popping noise
- Push in the tuner button and unplug the guitar without a loud pop