As the name implies, the Gretsch G6139CB Falcon Center Block Single Cutaway features a long spruce center block that reduced resonant feedback, vocal-like semi hollow tones and a great playing comfort. With a 1.75 inch deep single-cutaway three-ply maple body with a 16 inch-lower bout, arched top and back, multi-ply sparkle appointments and oversized f holes, the G6139CB Falcon is a truly remarkable guitar that will please any Gretsch fan who wants something a little different.
The center block runs the entire length of the body and imparts several sonic advantages. First, it minimizes body-resonant feedback and allows a more ‘high gain-friendly’ performance. Second, it’s made of spruce, which produces a spirited, lively tone. Third, the center block itself is chambered at the lower bout to minimize weight. Fourth, the pinned wood bridge base extends over the sides of the center block about 5/8 inch on either side, transferring string-vibration energy to the two f-hole-vented body chambers to produce a rich and full-bodied tone.
Gretsch G6139CB Falcon Center Block Single Cutaway Features
- Three-piece maple neck with 22 fret ebony fingerboard
- Pearloid Neo-Classic thumbnail inlays and multi-ply sparkle appointments
- Gretsch ‘winged/vertical’ sparkle logo
- Dual High Sensitive Filter’Tron pickups
- Jeweled-arrow knobs
- Adjusto-Matic bridge with pinned ebony base and Cadillac ‘G’ tailpiece
- Grover Imperial tuners and Schaller strap locks
- Available in White with Gold Sparkle appointments and Black with Silver Sparkle appointments