The 4-channel Pioneer DJM2000 Professional DJ Mixer comes packed with capabilities to give DJs a bounty of digital effects plus a full-color 5.8 inch LCD multi-touch panel for adding audio effects. The Pioneer DJM2000 features audio mixing controls for connection of up to four digital or USB sources. Pioneer added INST FX (Instant Instrument FX) functions which allow DJs to further alter and create more sound effects using the DJM2000 Professional Mixer.
Pioneer DJM2000 Professional DJ Mixer Features:
Industry First Multi-Touch Panel
- Industry-first 5.8 inch full color multi-touch display
- Internal USB audio interface
- Pro DJ link that connects up to four CDJ-2000/900s
- Switching 3-Band EQ/Isolator - Equipped with a switching 3-band EQ (+6dB to -26dB) and 3-band Isolator (+6dB to -∞dB) on each channel
- Digital In - Permits audio signal of each channel with no deterioration in sound quality
- Fader Start Play - Connection with CDJ player(s) with PRO DJ LINK or control cable allows the mixer to start the turntable by switching faders
- Talk Over - Lowers the volume of the music when a connected microphone is used
- Peak Level Meter – Displays input levels at a glance
- Cross fader Assign function - Allows the flexible assignment of the input on each channel to the cross fader
- Fader Curve Adjust function - Allows changes to cross fader and channel fader curves
A first in the industry for audio mixers, the Pioneer DJM2000 DJ Mixer incorporates a full-color 5.8 inch LCD multi-touch panel for adding audio effects. Users can simultaneously manipulate the displayed controls on the panel by touching different areas of the screen. Three different performance modes are available including:
Evolved Beat Effects
- Frequency mix – Enables more precise mixing within seven frequency ranges. For example, users can enhance the bass region within the music they’re mixing.
- Sidechain remix – DJs can create seven different dynamic audio effects with touches and movements on the screen.
- MIDI mode – Allows the user to assign various controls displayed on the LCD screen to control DJ software via MIDI. Four types of MIDI modes are available for more performance flexibility.
A section of the Pioneer DJM2000
mixer resides an Evolved Beat Effects adopted from earlier versions of the DJM series of mixers to generate a multitude of sound effects. Numerous buttons were added for selecting multiple effects and beat parameters for additional performance capabilities. Further manipulation of the sound effects can be made using the Effect Frequency knobs that changes the low, mid and high frequency bands of the music. Turns of the knobs enhances the effects to each frequency band, i.e., an echo added specifically to the vocals of the music or a doubling of the hi-hat rhythm, providing incredible performance options.
Instant Instrument FX
The INST FX (Instant Instrument FX) provides six additional audio effects that include Noise, HPF, LPF, Jet, Zip and Crush. Each of the effects can be induced into the channel with a turn of the Filter knob. Additionally, the Parameter knob allows the effects to be fine tuned.
Pro DJ Link
When used specifically with Pioneer’s CDJ2000 or CDJ900 turntables via Pro DJ Link, the Pioneer DJM2000 becomes an even more powerful musical tool. The DJ mixer incorporates four Ethernet ports in the back of the unit allowing up to four of the most recent CDJ turntables to be connected (via LAN cables) while sharing only one music-filled SD card1 or USB storage device. In addition, up to two laptop computers pre-installed with Pioneer’s music management software rekordbox can be interfaced with the Pioneer DJM2000 via LAN cables, in cases that two DJs are transitioning for their individual performances.
A cool feature of the Pioneer mixer is its Live Sampler capability which allows the sound from a microphone or from the MASTER output to be recorded directly into the mixer. The sampled
sound can instantly be transferred via LAN cable to a CDJ2000/900 for scratching.
When linked with the CDJ2000 player, the DJM2000 mixer informs the DJ of its connected status. The JOG rings of the turntable changes in color based on the current on-air status or channel number connection, providing quick visual indications to the DJ.
The Pioneer DJM2000 features a USB audio interface that allows direct computer connection without the need for an external sound card. Up to four audio sources can be assigned to each channel providing even more flexibility. For additional convenience, the MASTER output can be connected directly to a computer for recording of performances.
Continuing the prestigious reputation of Pioneer mixers, the DJM2000 provides excellent sound quality. By utilizing balanced hybrid op-amp and a perfectly balanced output circuit in the analog processing stage, Pioneer managed to significantly decrease induced noise resulting in a dynamic range of 107dB with 0.004% THD for an extremely clean and powerful sound.