The EV RE-2 Series Wireless Microphone System brings sophisticated professional features to an affordable price point.
Whether you’re performing at the local rock club, lecturing at a corporate seminar, or speaking in a house of worship, the Electro-Voice RE-2 brings ease of use, clear sound, and clean channels to wireless. The RE-2 is a completely programmable frequency agile system with one-touch Auto-ClearScan, operates over 28MHz (6 TV channels), XLR Mic or Line level output and many other features.
Electro Voice N/D767a Microphone
The N/D767a presents optimal performance in a live sound environment.The 767a vocal microphone utilizes EV’s new VOB (vocally optimized bass) technology to provide the performer with reduced low-end distortion and eliminates the muddiness found in other microphones. Combined with EV’s industry first neodymium based magnet structure, the new N/D767a offers the power and clarity to cut through the mix.
Electro Voice N/D767a Features
- VOB technology provides tailored bass response for controlled proximity effect and exceptional vocal clarity
- Supercardioid pattern for superior feedback rejection and acoustic isolation.
- Multistage shock mount for unmatched low-handling noise.
- Neodymium based magnet structure provides greater sensitivity and signal-to-noise ratio.
- Warm Grip handle for more comfortable feel.
Electro-Voice invented the scanning wireless with the EV NRU, and reinvented wireless with the professional touring RE-1 wireless microphone system, which has been linked to tours with Static-X, Fishbone, and Simple Minds, to name a few. It’s been applauded by numerous bands, performers, and sound engineers as a complete wireless solution — combining outstanding sound, simple set-up, and roadworthy construction. Now Electro-Voice has risen to the next level with the RE-2. Athird-generation wireless system, it’s affordable, professional, and designed for those who are serious about their sound.
To Electro-Voice, a company that has over 25 years of experience in wireless innovations. The RE-2 wireless system takes frequency agility to a whole new level... professional RE-1 grade power with previously unmatched simplicity. You can also be assured that there will be no interference, drop-outs, or compromised audio quality. Simply press the one touch Auto-ClearScan button and the receiver finds the clearest channel in seconds. That’s it. You do your job as a professional performer, without the hassle and headache associated with many other wireless systems.
The RE-2 is also available with three different microphone elements to fit the vocalist’s individual style and application – from the popular N/DYM 267a dynamic and RE 410 condenser heads to the flagship Electro-Voice 767a dynamic head, there is a sound to suit any need.
When only the very best in wireless technologies will do, step up to the Electro-Voice RE-2 Wireless... You perform like a pro — now sound like a pro.
The HTU2 handheld transmitter is a rugged high impact ABS plastic handle available with N/D767a or RE410 microphone elements. One button on/off/mute button makes the HTU2 easy to use and the smart battery feature makes it easy to maintain.
RE-2 UHF Receiver Features and Benefits
RE-2 UHF Transmitter Features and Benefits
- One touch Auto-ClearScan: Finds the clearest channel in the clearest group in seconds
- Programmable in 25kHz steps across 28 MHz operating bandwidth: 1,112 possible frequencies so it will always find a clear channel
- Backlit LCD displays the Group, Channel, Frequency, transmitter battery level, diversity operation, and RF and Audio signal level meters: Professional systems costing twice as much don’t provide this much information
- Balanced XLR audio output for Microphone or Line level signals and a quarter inch line level jack: Compatible with any application
- Fourth generation Secure-phase diversity and advanced audio circuits: Provide maximum range and professional sound quality
- Unique Guitar Setting: Turns a standard receiver/bodypack into an optimized guitar wireless system
- Detachable quarter wave antennas: Flexibility - use with optional rackmount kits, antenna distributors and cables for permanent installations
RE-2 UHF Handheld Features and Benefits
- Uniquesmart battery: Impossible to put the battery in wrong, great for quick changes on a dark stage
- LCD Displays Group and Channel, Frequency, or Battery Level: All the info you need at a glance
- Low battery LED: Tells you when to change the battery
- One OnOff button that also acts as a mute: Great for pauses in presentations and worship services
- OnOff button can be disabled: Prevents accidental turnoffs during a performance
- Available with three different microphone elements: Fits the vocalist’s style and environment
- RE 410 Condenser: Low handling noise, crisp condenser sound and off mic performance. Perfect for schools, houses of worship and any other multitasking application.
- NDYM 767a Dynamic premium vocal microphone with VOB (Vocal-Optimized-Bass): Excellent sound and gain-before-feedback for high SPL stages
- Internal half wave antenna: Excellent range; stays out of harm’s way
The low frequency response of the N/D767a microphone varies with the distance from the sound source. Known as proximity effect
, maximum bass response is produced in close-up
use with the microphone a quarter-inch from the sound source. Normal bass response is experienced with working distances greater than 24 inches. Working close to the microphone will produce a more robust sound. Close up positioning of the microphone will also reduce the potential for feedback from the sound reinforcement system. When close-talked, the bass-boost provides an increase in overall microphone output level. The mixer gain may be proportionately reduced, resulting in a reduction of the system’s sensitivity to feedback caused by sound entering the microphone from the loudspeakers.