Emu 0404 USB 2.0 Audio/MIDI Interface delivers an unparalleled level of audio performance to your PC with premium 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A converters, pristine XTC mic/line/hi-Z preamps, ultra-low jitter clock and rock-solid stability.
From its plug-and-play functionality and hands-on ergonomic design to professional features and signal-to-noise specs that are simply unmatched by any other USB interface on the market, the 0404 USB will forever change your expectations of USB audio. The 0404 USB also ships with the E-MU Production Tools Software Bundle that includes E-MU's Proteus VX, as well as software by Cakewalk, Steinberg, Ableton, IK Multimedia, and many more - everything you need to create, record, edit and master your music.
The Emu 0404 USB 2.0 Audio/MIDI Interface Features
- E-MU 0404 USB 2.0 AudioPod
- USB cable
- Universal power adaptor
- Quick Start installation guide
- E-MU Software/Manual CD-ROM
- Windows XP and x64 Drivers
- Owner's Manual and Tutorials
- E-MU Production Tools Software Bundle CD-ROM
- Cakewalk SONAR LE
- Steinberg Cubase LE
- Ableton Live Lite 4 for E-MU
- Steinberg Wavelab Lite
- IK Multimedia AmpliTube LE
- SFX Machine LT
- Minnetonka diskWelder BRONZE (trial)
- E-MU Proteus VX (over 1000 sounds included)
- Premium 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A converters (A/D: 113dB SNR, D/A: 117dB SNR) deliver unmatched USB audio fidelity
- E-MU XTC Class-A ultra-low noise Mic/Line/Hi-Z preamplifiers (-127dB EIN) with 48V phantom power and ground lift switches enable you to plug microphones, keyboards and guitars straight into your computer with professional results, while the built-in analog soft limiting circuit lets you record a hotter signal without fear of clipping
- Comprehensive digital I/O with optical and coaxial S/PDIF (switchable to AES/EBU) and MIDI In/Out to easily connect all of your digital studio gear and instruments
- Ultra-low latency Windows XP and x64 USB 2.0 drivers offer accurate timing and playback of your recorded audio and software instruments
- Hardware zero-latency direct monitoring (mono/stereo) allows you to record and overdub with no annoying delay
- Plug-and-play operation with hands-on control of all major functions like master level, direct monitoring, preamplifier controls and more
- Compatibility with most popular audio/sequencer applications (ASIO2, WDM, MME - AC3 and DTS Passthru supported
Minimum System Requirements
- Two E-MU XTC Ultra-low Noise Mic/Line/Hi-Z Preamps with Soft Limiter and 48V Phantom Power (-127dBu EIN)
- Two 1/4 inch Balanced Outputs (117dB SNR)
- Stereo 1/8 inch Speaker Output (117dB SNR)
- 24-bit/96kHz S/PDIF Optical In/Out (Switchable to AES/EBU)
- 24-bit/96kHz S/PDIF Coaxial In/Out (Switchable to AES/EBU)
- MIDI Input/Output
- Stereo Headphone Output (114dB SNR)
E-MU Production Tools Software Bundle
- Intel or AMD processor - 1.2 GHz or faster
- Intel, AMD or 100% compatible motherboard & chipset
- Microsoft Windows XP (SP 2 or greater) or Windows XP x64
- 1 available (Hi-speed) USB 2.0 port ( When using a USB 1.1 port, performance will be limited to 16-bit and 44.1/48kHz recording and playback)
- 256MB System RAM
- 900MB of free hard disk space for full installation
- CD-ROM/CD-RW or DVD-ROM drive required for software installation
- XVGA Video (1024 X 768)
- Cakewalk SONAR LE is production environment for Windows that provides musicians with a host of potent features that include: 64 audio and 256 MIDI tracks; 24-bit/192kHz recording support; 14 studio quality real-time effects and 6 MIDI effects; audio loop construction tools; dynamic console view; multi-port graphical drum grid editor; multitrack piano roll view; staff notation; ReWire 2.0 support; DirectX/DXi and VST/VSTi support; MIDI clock and MTC slave; Cyclone DXi groove sampler; Audio Simulation's Dreamstation soft synth DXi; and more. Registered owners of SONAR LE will be able to upgrade to the full version of SONAR Studio Edition for a special price.
- Cubase LE is a powerful music software workstation that offers: 48 audio and 64 MIDI tracks; 24-bit/192kHz professional audio quality; a full set of audio effects plug-ins; LM-7, VB-1 and USM virtual instruments; and MTC, MIDI-clock and VST System Link support. Steinberg offers all registered Cubase LE customers to purchase the virtual instruments set (SE versions) at a special price, and Cubase LE is upgradeable to Cubase SX/SL.
- Ableton Live is the music-production solution that allows you to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise and edit your musical ideas. Live brings your acoustic, electronic and virtual instruments, as well as your digital audio recordings, together in a single interface with unparalleled ease of use. Live's specialty is composition by improvisation. Record musical ideas, combine or create new songs, and compose on the fly, and offers complete multitrack recording and editing for any acoustic source, hardware synthesizer or software instrument.
- WaveLab Lite is a light version of the popular mastering and wave editing program
- AmpliTubeis a powerful plug-in for guitar players that puts a virtually unlimited array of tones and effects at your fingertips. AmpliTube's stomp-box, post-effects and amp simulation capabilities make it easy to craft everything from rich, vintage tones to unique cutting-edge sounds.
- SFX Machine LT is a powerful audio multi-effects plug-in for musicians and sound designers, featuring 21 presets such as BackwardsFragment, RoboTalk, Sitar Drone and Stutter. The plug-in provides up to six sliders for fine-tuning of each preset and allows automated parameter control via a simple MIDI Learn interface. It also provides a Randomize button for quick experimentation. SFX Machine LT is a subset of the RT version, which includes hundreds of presets, and a special upgrade price is available for registered E-MU users.
- Proteus VX is a 24-bit/192kHz standalone/VST instrument for your PC that offers the pristine sound quality and powerful Z-Plane filters of E-MU's powerful Proteus X2 Software Sound Module, plus over 1,000 sounds from E-MU's legendary Proteus 2000 sound module. You can also expand your Proteus VX with any soundset from E-MU's comprehensive sound library. Proteus VX offers you an intuitive sound module interface to quickly dial in your sounds, with easy-to-use librarian and search functions to find that perfect preset in seconds, as well as two discrete effects processors with comprehensive MIDI modulation per preset.