Fender American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass Rosewood Fingerboard with Case
The Fender American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass with Rosewood Fingerboard captures that classic funky 70’s style, tone and vibe with white binding, pearl block inlays and all new American Vintage ’74 Jazz bass pickups. The pickups provide outstanding clarity for dynamic response and a versatile tone. The classic ‘F’ stamped bridge cover, pickup cover and thumb rest give this Fender J bass undeniable mojo.
Fender American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass Features
- Urethane-finished alder body (ash on Natural-finish model)
- American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass single-coil pickups
- Upper-mounted thumb rest, chrome pickup cover and ‘F’-stamped bridge cover
- Vintage-style bridge with single-groove steel ‘barrel’ saddles
- '70s-style ‘Fender’-stamped open-gear tuners
- Four-bolt ‘F’-stamped neck plate
Significant changes were afoot in 1974 for the Fender Jazz Bass. The bridge pickup had been moved about half an inch closer to the bridge only the year before, and 1974 saw the last of the four-bolt necks for quite a while. Further, the slim C-shaped maple neck was re-sculpted with a meatier U-shaped profile (and acquired a walnut ‘skunk’ stripe), white fingerboard binding and pearl block inlays made their first appearance, headstock ‘bullet’ truss rod nuts were first adopted, and black pickguards replaced their longstanding tortoiseshell predecessors.