The Fender John Mayer guitar is a Signature Stratocaster resulting from a collaboration between the world-famous guitar builder and the Grammy award-winning recording artist.
The John Mayer Signature Stratocaster is Fender’s next must have signature model. Features include an alder body, a maple neck with a slightly bigger C shape, and an African rosewood fingerboard. The pickups are Big Dipper single coils with special scooped mid range voicing to meet John Mayer’s specifications.
Another customized feature is the back plate, or lack thereof, sort of. A hardshell case is included.
John Mayer Unique Features
- Thick C-Shape Neck
- Vintage Hardware
- Five Tremolo Springs installed at the factory
- Back tremolo cover plate is not installed nor included per Artist's request
- String tree is farther from the nut
- 3 Big Dipper single coil Strat pickups with special Scooped mid-range voicing
- '50s Spaghetti logo decal
- Satin urethane finish on back of neck, gloss finish on the face of the headstock
Founded in 1946, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation has been an American icon for over 50 years. In that time, Fender’s contribution to the evolving sound of contemporary music has been global and continuous. By introducing the first commercially viable solidbody electric guitar, the first electric bass and countless classic amplifiers, Fender musical instruments have left their mark on jazz, blues, country, rock and many other styles of popular music.