The Fender '68 Custom Twin Reverb Guitar Combo Amplifier brings back the classic looks and deep, clear tone of the beloved ‘silver-face’ amps while adding some great new features! Fender gives both channels reverb and tremolo, while the ‘custom’ channel has a modified Bassman tone stack that gives modern players greater tonal flexibility with pedals. The ’68 Custom Twin Reverb amp also features quicker gain onset and reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity.
Fender '68 Custom Twin Reverb Guitar Amp Features
Silver-Face Twin Reverb
- Modified Twin Reverb all-tube circuitry, shared reverb and tremolo on both channels
- 85 watts from 4x6L6 power tubes, 4x12AX7 and 2x12AT7 preamp tubes
- Dual 12-inch Celestion G12V-70 speakers
- Vintage channel for traditional silverface tonality
- Modified Custom channel with Bassman tone stack
- Reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity
- Hand-wired tube sockets
- Custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals)
- Genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb
- Genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo
- 1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise grill cloth
1968 was a transitional year for Fender amps, with tone that was still pure Fender but a look that was brand new. With a silver-and-turquoise front panel and classy aluminum drip edge grille cloth trim, the Twin Reverb received a fresh new face as it remained the backline amp of choice for pros and amateurs everywhere. Clear, deep and powerful, it produced big tube tone, with world-class Fender reverb and vibrato effects. For countless guitarists ever since, the Twin Reverb has been the go-to amp for classic Fender sound.