Fender Eric Clapton EC Twinolux Guitar Combo Amplifier
Built to the exacting specifications of Slow Hand himself, the Fender Eric Clapton EC Twinolux Guitar Combo Amplifier delivers classic tweed tone like no other amp can, while offering modern touches for today’s player. The EC Twinolux amp is a fascinating variation on the tweed ’57 Twin amp and Fender’s answer to Clapton’s call for a special model with several distinctive features.
Handmade in the United States with a ’50s-era output tube bias tremolo which produces a more throbbing pulse than later Fender tremolo circuits and a switchable power attenuator for reduced speaker output and can disable one speaker for even lower output! The EC Twinolux from Fender presents the pinnacle of personally inspired amp tone for stage and studio alike and is a must for Clapton fans and guitarists who want the ultimate in tube performance.
Fender Eric Clapton EC Twinolux Guitar Amp Features
Fender EC Series Amps
- Hand-wired all-tube circuitry on eyelet board; premium components throughout
- Circuit based on late 1950s 5E8-A Fender Twin amp produces about 40 Watts
- Single channel with two inputs, high and low gain inputs
- Tremolo with speed and intensity controls and included footswitch
- Special Design 12 inch Weber speakers (built by Eminence) with Alnico magnet for dynamic, sensitive response
- Two Groove Tubes 6L6GE output tubes, four 12AX7 preamp tubes, and dual 5U4 rectifier tubes
- Custom transformers by Mercury Magnetics
- Switchable output power Attenuator reduces the speakers' output if desired; one speaker can be switched ‘off’ for even lower output performance
- Finger-joined solid pine cabinet resonates with a warm, woody tone
- Genuine lacquered tweed covering with vintage brown/gold grille cloth and leather strap handle
- Deluxe fitted cover is included
- Hand made in Corona, California, US
In a historic collaboration, Fender introduces its first artist signature amplifiers, the EC Series amps bearing the name of legendary guitarist Eric Clapton. Built to the exacting specifications of Clapton himself, the three amps - the EC Twinolux, EC Tremolux and EC Vibro-Champ - are fascinating variations on their original '50s-era ancestors, the '57 Twin, '57 Deluxe and '57 Champ, and are Fender’s answer to his call for special models with distinctive features.
Handmade in the United States, all three amp models feature '50s-era output tube bias tremolo and a switchable power attenuator, in addition to other premium features. In a historic career now in its sixth decade, Eric Clapton has long been known as one of the world's foremost exponents of classic Fender tweed amp tone, and the three new amps bearing his imprint present the pinnacle of personally inspired amp tone for stage and studio alike. Each is a must for Clapton fans and guitarists who want the ultimate in tweed tube amp performance.