A pinnacle of personally inspired amp tone for stage and studio alike, the Fender Eric Clapton EC Tremolux Guitar Combo Amplifier
is a must for Clapton fans and guitarists who want the ultimate in tube performance. 1950s-era Deluxe and Tremolux amps are prized for the warm, rich compressed tones of blues and early rock ‘n’ roll. Clapton often uses a Deluxe when playing traditional blues, and Fender has answered his call for a special model with several distinctive features by introducing the EC Tremolux amp.
Built to Clapton’s own exacting specifications and handmade in the United States, the EC Tremolux amp is a fascinating variation on the ’57 Deluxe designed with a ’50s-era output tube bias tremolo which produced a more throbbing pulse than later Fender tremolo circuits and a switchable power attenuator for reduced speaker output.
Fender Eric Clapton EC Tremolux Guitar Amp Features
Fender EC Series Amps
- Hand-wired all-tube circuitry on eyelet board; premium components throughout
- Circuit based on late 1950s 5E3 Fender Deluxe amp - produces about 12 Watts
- Single channel with two inputs — high and low — gain inputs
- Bias Tremolo with speed control and footswitch
- Fixed Bias for increased headroom
- Celestion Heritage G12-65 speaker for increased definition with high-gain playing
- Two Groove Tubes 6V6GT output tubes, three 12AX7 preamp tubes, and 5Y3GT rectifier tube
- Custom transformers by Mercury Magnetics
- Switchable output power attenuator reduces the speaker's output if desired
- Disconnectable internal speaker allows use of external 8 Ohm speaker enclosure
- Finger-joined solid pine cabinet resonates with a warm, woody tone
- Genuine lacquered tweed covering with vintage brown/gold grill cloth and leather strap handle
- Deluxe fitted cover is included
- Hand made in Corona, California, US
In a historic collaboration, Fender introduces its first artist signature amplifiers, the EC Series amps bearing the name of legendary guitarist Eric Clapton. Built to the exacting specifications of Clapton himself, the three amps - the EC Twinolux, EC Tremolux and EC Vibro-Champ - are fascinating variations on their original '50s-era ancestors, the '57 Twin, '57 Deluxe and '57 Champ, and are Fender’s answer to his call for special models with distinctive features.
Handmade in the United States, all three amp models feature '50s-era output tube bias tremolo and a switchable power attenuator, in addition to other premium features. In a historic career now in its sixth decade, Eric Clapton has long been known as one of the world's foremost exponents of classic Fender tweed amp tone, and the three new amps bearing his imprint present the pinnacle of personally inspired amp tone for stage and studio alike. Each is a must for Clapton fans and guitarists who want the ultimate in tweed tube amp performance.