Built to Clapton’s own exacting specifications and handmade in the United States, the Fender Eric Clapton EC Vibro Champ Guitar Combo Amplifier is a fascinating variation on the ’57 Champ designed. The EC Vibro Champ has a ’50s-era output tube bias tremolo, which produced a more throbbing pulse than later Fender tremolo circuits, and a switchable power attenuator which reduces speaker output.
Clapton recorded some of his biggest hits with a tweed Champ; a late 1950s practice amp and Fender classic prized by countless pros for its great low-output sound and easy-to-record performance. He still uses one today, and Fender has answered his call for a special model with several distinctive features by introducing the EC Vibro Champ. It’s a must for Clapton fans and guitarists who want the ultimate in low-power tube performance!
Fender Eric Clapton EC Vibro Champ Combo Amp Features
Fender EC Series Amps
- Hand-wired all-tube circuitry on eyelet board; premium components throughout
- Circuit based on late 1950s 5F1 Champ - produces about 5 Watts
- Tremolo with speed control and footswitch jack (optional footswitch available)
- 8 inch Weber Signature speaker with Alnico magnet for dynamic, sensitive response
- Groove Tubes 6V6GT output tube, two 12AX7 preamp tubes, and 5Y3GT rectifier tube
- Custom transformers by Schumacher
- Switchable output power attenuator reduces the speaker's output if desired
- Disconnectable internal speaker which allows use of external 4 Ohm speaker enclosure
- Finger joined solid pine cabinet resonates with a warm, woody tone
- Genuine lacquered tweed covering with vintage brown/gold grill cloth and leather strap handle
- Deluxe fitted cover is included
- Hand made in Corona, California, US
In a historic collaboration, Fender introduces its first artist signature amplifiers, the EC Series amps bear the name of legendary guitarist Eric Clapton. Built to the exacting specifications of Clapton himself, the three amps, the EC Twinolux, EC Tremolux and EC Vibro-Champ, are fascinating variations on their original '50s-era ancestors, and are Fender’s answer to Eric’s call for special models with distinctive features.
In a historic career now in its sixth decade, Eric Clapton has long been known as one of the world's foremost exponents of classic Fender tweed amp tone, and the three amps bearing his imprint present the pinnacle of personally inspired amp tone for stage and studio alike. Each is a must for Clapton fans and guitarists who want the ultimate in tweed tube amp performance.