Focusrite Liquid Mix 16 Firewire Processor
The Focusrite Liquid Mix 16 Firewire Mix Processor brings the power of Focusrite's award-winning Liquid range to a even wider audience.
Combining the same pool of classic EQ and Compressor emulations with a killer control surface, Liquid Mix 16 brings the sound of the obsolete, the priceless and the historically significant, within reach of even the most modest studio owner.
Focusrite Liquid Mix 16 Features
- Unequaled Variety of Classic Emulations - 40 compressors and 20 EQs, sampled from vintage originals with a free expanding library online
- One of a Kind - The unique patented Dynamic Convolution process delivers unparalleled EQ and Compression emulations
- Hybrid Super EQ - Create your own totally unique 7-band super EQ, built out of separate classic EQ bands
- Compressor 'Free' Mode - Original compressors with limited or absent controls suddenly become fully featured - yours to use as you choose
- Hardware-powered Plug-ins - 16 instances of Liquid Mix run off the desktop hardware (24 with the optional expansion card installed), vastly reducing the impact on your CPU
- Tactile Control Surface - Apply EQ and compression using hands-on tactile controls. Just plug in, power-up, and dial in the perfect mix
- Full Plug-in Operation - Each instance has a dedicated GUI which functions exactly like a plug-in, providing full recall within your session
- Desktop Metering - 12 LED meters on the hardware controller display i/o levels and gain reduction alongside their respective controls
Each of the sixteen mono channels provides Compressor and EQ emulations selectable from a huge pool of high-quality vintage and modern day classics. Forty Compressors and twenty EQs are available straight out of the box, with some additional emulations available for free online. As with the original Liquid Mix, a hybrid seven-band ‘super EQ’ is available in every instance, built out of separate classic EQ sections. Liquid Mix 16 also offers a ‘free’ mode for the compressor. Original compressors with limited or absent controls suddenly become fully featured - yours to use as you choose. Each channel appears as a separate VST/AU/RTAS effect within the sequencer and will work within all major applications, including Pro Tools.
Liquid Mix uses the same patented Dynamic Convolution process as Focusrite’s other Liquid products. Unlike standard convolution techniques, Dynamic Convolution utilizes vast processing power to sample the effect of a classic processor on a series of audio pulses, at many different gain settings and frequencies. All this processing is done using onboard DSP, so the processing has a relatively low effect on your computer’s own CPU, (variable subject to the sequencer used). Liquid Mix 16s DSP is housed within an elegant desktop control solution and connects to the computer via Firewire, which also provides bus-powering. The physical metering, rotary controls and buttons from the original Liquid Mix are provided here. The hardware helps to provide a tactile ergonomic solution, placing the sounds of an array of classic processors at your fingertips. You can choose to control each channel either from the desktop control unit, or from within the sequencer or an alternative controller, using the same simple GUI from Liquid Mix, which functions exactly like a plug-in.