Saffire PRO 26 is part of Focusrite’s family of professional studio-quality Firewire/Thunderbolt compatible audio interfaces, with full 24-bit/96kHz conversion and four award-winning Focusrite mic preamps with phantom power. The best-sounding interface in its class, Saffire PRO 26 was designed with both studio recording and live musicians in mind, offering extensive input and output capabilities for maximum flexibility.
Softube Time and Tone Pack is a unique plug-in bundle (valued at $198), which includes three of Softube’s world class plug-ins: a reverb, a delay and a distortion:
Focusrite Saffire PRO 26 Firewire Thunderbolt Interface Features
TSAR-1R: Add space, depth and width to your sound—TSAR-1R is a reverb plug-in with world class sound and extreme ease of use. With a single slider, you can take TSAR-1R from realistic and three-dimensional rooms to dramatic and dreamlike halls.
Tube Delay: A tasty echo effect that can go from clean to rude by overdriving its three modeled tube stages. Create anything from realistic room echoes to rockabilly style slapbacks—or take it all the way into dub reggae echo madness.
Saturation Knob: Add grit and warmth to any sound source with this modeled output distortion unit. Use it to fatten up bass lines, add some harmonics and shimmer to vocals, or simply destroy your drum loop. Simply turn up the knob to add saturation, and use the three-position switch to alter the distortion character.
Includes the Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite (AAX/AU/VST) upon registration of interface. Accurately modeled on the classic Red 2 EQ and Red 3 Compressor, the Red plug-ins let you exploit the sound of the hardware originals, conveniently from within Pro Tools® (10 and above) and other audio software.
*Customers can download the Softube Time and Tone Pack for free from their download area on focusrite.com; valid with all registered purchases of Focusrite Scarlett, Saffire, and Clarett Interfaces that were made on or after September 1st, 2015.
- Four award-winning Focusrite preamps make it the best-sounding interface in its class
- Precision 24-bit/96kHz conversion and pristine analog audio
- Precision AD/DA conversion with JetPLL jitter reduction technology
- Connects seamlessly to a Thunderbolt port via a FireWire to Thunderbolt adaptor (not included) or directly to a FireWire 800 port with the provided cable
- Keep your USB ports free and reduce the possibility of interference with other devices
- 18 ins and 8 outs including four mic/line pres, two of which have instrument capability and 8dB pads, plus two additional TRS inputs; two independently-controlled headphone outs, six TRS line outs and a 'loopback' facility for routing audio between software apps via Saffire MixControl
- ADAT optical input allows extensive input expansion of your interface – expand Saffire PRO 26 with up to eight additional preamps or line inputs
- Pair Saffire PRO 26 with Focusrite's OctoPre MkII eight-channel preamp and instantly transform your interface into a 12 preamp unit
- Give multiple artists independent monitor mixes – two with independent headphone sockets and front-panel level controls
- Use the six front-panel LED meters to accurately monitor input levels when recording
- Solid build quality in a portable chassis
- Included is Ableton Live Lite, Focusrite's professional Midnight and Scarlett plug-in suites, Novation BassStation virtual synthesizer and 1GB of Loopmasters sample content
Twenty-five years of mic preamp excellence form the foundation of the Saffire PRO 26 interface. The four preamps, along with the very latest in mix control software and interfacing technology, combine to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability.
At the heart of Saffire PRO 26 lie four award-winning Focusrite preamps. These allow unparalleled recording flexibility and ensure low noise and distortion with plenty of headroom to capture the full dynamic range of even the loudest drum kit or guitar amp. Precision digital conversion and JetPLL jitter-elimination technology maintain pristine audio quality in both analog and digital domains.
Inputs 1 and 2 are available both as mic-level rear-panel XLRs and as front-panel TRS (1/4 inch) sockets at line or instrument levels, and include 8dB pads. Inputs 3 and 4 appear on the rear panel as combo XLR (mic)/TRS (line) sockets. There are two additional rear-panel TRS line inputs, making a total of six analog inputs, for which 5-segment LED metering is provided.
The PRO 26 includes S/PDIF I/O, and an optical digital input that can be configured either as S/PDIF or as ADAT format, the latter allowing expansion of the interface with, for example, Focusrite’s OctoPre MkII, for a total of 14 analog inputs. Saffire PRO 26 also features two virtual Loopback inputs, for routing digital audio between software applications — ideal for capturing online audio.
On the output side, dual headphone outputs, six line outputs on TRS jacks, and S/PDIF coax are provided. Main monitor controls, including volume, dim and mute, are included on the front panel.
Saffire MixControl, the ultra-low-latency 26 x 8 DSP mixer/router software provided with Saffire PRO 26, sets a new standard for audio interface control. It features flexible output routing and monitoring, as well as intuitive one-click setup solutions designed to help you track, monitor and mix as quickly as possible.