The Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 USB Audio Interface has the connections and professional sound quality needed by producers, recording artists or bands in the studio! Included with the impressive array of 18 total inputs are 4 of Focusrite’s award winning mic preamps. These preamps allow you to mic a drumset, mic up multiple guitar amps and so much more. Other great features of the Scarlett 18i8 include compatibility with Mac, PC and iPad (Apple Camera Connection Kit required for iPad), 24bit 96kHz audio quality, included software and so much more!
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 USB Audio Interface Features
18 separate inputs
- Four award-winning Focusrite mic preamps make this the best sounding interface in its class
- 18 inputs and 8 outputs for great versatility in any studio
- Two independent headphone outputs each with a level control
- Rugged metal unibody chassis to withstand the impacts sustained by a mobile recording rig
- High quality 24bit 96KHz audio interface for Mac, PC and iPad
- Unique gain halo indicators make it clear when you have a good signal for recording
- Scarlet MixControl provides an 18 x 8 DSP mixer with flexible routing capabilities, intuitive one-click presets and lower than 1.4 ms latency
- A large main monitor control knob keeps your volume levels right at your fingertips
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite, the Scarlett Plug-in Suite, the Novation Bass Station soft synth and Loopmasters sample content
At the heart of the Scarlett 18i8 is a set of four Focusrite mic preamps with up to 60dB gain, designed specifically for Focusrite’s computer audio interfaces. The first two offer Mic/Line/Instrument on universal XLR/TRS connectors while 3 and 4 offer Mic/Line capability on universal XLRs – all four on the front panel with pads and 48V phantom power.
Four more line inputs are provided on TRS connectors. An ADAT optical digital connector provides eight additional digital inputs that can also be used with external mic preamps like Focusrite's OctoPre Mk II to increase the number of mic inputs the 18i8 can handle to 12. A stereo S/PDIF coaxial input is also included.
8 independent outputs
The output side of the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 provides two TRS monitor outputs, stereo S/PDIF coax, and two independent stereo headphone outputs, each with their own volume knob so artist and engineer can control their own personal monitoring. All analog inputs and outputs have their own connectors and all feature Focusrite precision 24-bit, 96kHz sampling A/D and D/A conversion to get the most accurate signal possible into and out of recording applications on Windows, Mac and now iOS apps.
Tough and innovative hardware
Scarlett 18i8 is housed in a compact red unibody metal case to withstand the rigors of the road – and the studio. Input level controls feature signal halos – LED rings around the level control that give a simple and immediate go/no-go level indication: green means there is a recordable signal while red indicates overload. A large main monitor knob with mute button means that main monitor levels are always at your fingertips.
Included in the package is the Scarlett MixControl low-latency DSP-based software mixer and router, with intuitive one-click presets and a latency of under 1.4 ms. You’ll also find the Scarlett plug-in suite for VST, AU and RTAS, offering EQ, gate, compression and reverb, plus Ableton Live Lite, the Novation Bass Station soft synth and a Loopmasters sample pack.