The Fostex MR8 mkII is the easiest to use digital multitrack ever. If you can operate a tape recorder, you’ll be recording and multitracking within minutes of opening the box. It records to affordable Compact Flash cards.
By putting all the major controls and functions right there on the top panel instead of buried in a confusing menu system, the MR-8 Mk II, unlike some other recorders, actually aids you in capturing your musical ideas. In addition there’s great sounding built-in digital effects, guitar amp and mic simulators, 2 mic inputs with +48V Phantom Power, handy mix-down effects, plus the ability to hook up to a PC for data editing, and backing up your songs. New for the Mk II is the USB host feature which allows for the easy connection of an "off-the-shelf" CD-R burner via USB. Making CD masters has never been more simple.
Fostex MR8 mkII Features
- 8-track recording onto CompactFlash Card.
- High quality sound recording and playback with uncompressed linear 16-bit/44.1 kHz digital audio (normal mode) with 2 track simultaneous recording and 8 track playback.
- LP Mode (16-bit/22.05 kHz) doubles the recording time.
- Physical knobs and buttons for intuitive operations. A new dial knob for menu selection.
- Newly added +48V Phantom Power on all two Mic Inputs for wider choice of microphones.
- USB Host function ready for CD burning on an off-the-shelf external CD-R drive.
- Improved 132 x 64 dot-matrix LCD and self illuminating keys visually show the current status.
- Improved built-in digital effects including Reverb, Delay as well as Guitar Amp and Microphone simulations
- Black colored top panel design
- Analog Guitar Distortion with the dedicated knob on Input A.
- Full-track (8-track) bouncing to a New Song (track 7/8) for PC transfer and CD burning.
- Mastering effects for stereo buss.
- USB port for stereo WAV file transfer to and from PC
- AC and Battery (6 x AA alkaline cells) operation. Approx. 4 hours maximum operation time with batteries.
- Built-in microphone for handy song memo.
- Two headphones outputs.
- Free WAV Manager software available for multiple mono files transfer to and from PC