Gibson Memphis commemorates B.B. King’s legendary ‘Lucille’, perhaps the most beloved artist’s guitar of all time, and a true icon of the blues. Honoring the 65th Birthday of Lucille, the B.B. King Signature provides that classic, luxurious take on the ES-355 format tricked out to the tastes of the King of the Blues himself.
Gibson BB King Lucille Signature Guitar Features
- Classic ES-355 body styling, feedback-reduced with no f-holes, and a ‘window’ center block
- Time-tested humbuckers—a 490R in the neck and 490T in the bridge—roll from warm purr to gutsy wail
- High-gloss Ebony finish complemented by multi-ply body binding
- Precision tuning on the fly, just as B.B. likes it, with the TP6 Fine Tune Stop Bar tailpiece
- Trad four-knob control section expanded exponentially with 6-way Varitone switch and stereo output
- Custom-style headstock with ‘Lucille’ inlay and gold-engraved ‘65 Years’ B.B. King truss-rod cover
An elegant semi-acoustic updated for the demands of contemporary professionals, this guitar has the classic lines and deluxe appointments of the top-of-the-range ES model, with B.B.’s own preference for no f-holes in the top, all with the switching versatility of the great ES-355s. Crafted to full Gibson Memphis quality, dressed in a stunning Ebony finish with gold hardware, this is a 100-percent American-made celebration that you’ll want to be a part of.
Dues are paid to this landmark anniversary with a mother-of-pearl ‘Lucille’ inlay in the peghead veneer and gold-engraved ‘65 Years’ in the truss-rod cover. Mother-of-pearl block inlays, multi-ply body binding and bound tortoise pickguard extend the custom look, while 490R and 490T humbuckers in the neck and bridge respectively take it all home via the sonic switcheroo of Gibson’s 6-way Varitone and stereo output. Add B.B.’s handy TP6 Fine Tune Stop Bar, gold Grover Tulip-Button tuners and wrap it in a plush-lined hardshell case with Certificate of Authenticity, and you’re riding with the King.