As part of its 120th Anniversary celebrations, Gibson USA introduces the Limited Run Flying V History, with all the iconic looks of the original plus a few clever twists on the form. A thinner body lightens the load, while a slightly smaller ‘arrowhead’ headstock balances out the top end. Add two of Gibson’s most popular humbucking pickups, time-tested tonewoods and unparalleled Gibson USA craftsmanship, and the Flying V History is ready to launch.
Gibson Limited Edition Flying V History Guitar Features
- Iconic ‘V’ styling, slimmed down for optimum playing comfort
- ’57 Classic and ’57 Classic Plus pickups offer vintage PAF-style tones with modern performance
- Commemorative ‘120th Anniversary’ banner at the 12th fret shows you’re in on the celebrations
- Two volume controls, master tone, 3-way selector, with ‘witch hat’ knobs
- Select mahogany neck, Grade-A rosewood fingerboard, fret over binding for added playing surface
- Classic ‘arrowhead’ headstock, shortened for balance and elegance
The Flying V History takes off with a Grade-A mahogany body cut to the radical angles of the original, but with thinner dimensions for enhanced playing comfort. The glued-in Grade-A mahogany neck is carved to the fast, slim profile preferred by so many rockers, with a bound one-piece Grade-A rosewood fingerboard with frets over binding and dot inlays.
The ‘arrowhead’ headstock is slimmed down, with a white plastic truss-rod cover with Gibson logo, and there’s a commemorative ‘120th Anniversary’ banner at the 12th fret. A ’57 Classic and ’57 Classic Plus humbucker, neck and bridge, provide all the grind and wail you need, with sultry mellow tones too when required, wired through individual volume controls and a master tone with ‘witch hat’ knobs.
A chrome Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece partner with Grover Kidney Button tuners for smooth, efficient performance. The Flying V History comes in Aged Cherry finish in high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer, protected by an elegant brown hardshell case.