Guitar players love playing vintage guitars for many different reasons, but one reason is that they can bring you to another time and place. The Gibson Custom 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue gives guitarists the opportunity to own one of the most revered and sought after guitars ever made. The 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue is expertly crafted using a solid mahogany body and carved AAA maple top along with its quarter-sawn mahogany neck with long-tenon neck joint.
Gold hardware, Sperzel machine heads, hot-hide glue neck fit, a Historic Truss Rod assembly with no tubing, accurate body and fingerboard binding color, and Custom Buckers of Gibson Custom’s 20th Anniversary specifications give this reissue the stunning spectacle, feel and tone. This reissue is the end result of countless hours of study and research of vintage instruments by Gibson to give musicians a period correct piece of music history, and they ended up creating one of the best reissues ever to be produced.
Gibson Custom 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue Guitar Features
- The 1960 reissue features accurate vintage color fingerboard
- Body binding in a darker cream color to match the original Custom Bucker Pickups
- Glue Neck fit, which many argue has a dissimilar tone to the synthetic glue
- Gold hardware including Sperzel tuning machines
- Aniline Dye results in superior wood grain presentation and depth of color
- Alnico III magnets and unequal turns of 42 AWG wire in each coil for that characteristic PAF bite