The Gibson Les Paul Government Series Electric Guitar
is a unique instrument with a story unlike any other guitar! The Government Series guitars feature rosewood fingerboards that were seized by the US government in a raid of the Gibson Nashville factory in August of 2011. The rosewood was later returned to Gibson once they reached an agreement with the Justice Department and now Gibson USA features that same rosewood on these incredible instruments. The Government Series Les Paul is limited to only 300 guitars and is sure to be highly collectable.
Gibson Les Paul Government Series Electric Guitar Features
- Rosewood fingerboard made from the wood that was seized and later returned by the US government
- Included in the case is a 5-ply pickguard that is hot-stamped in gold with the Government Series emblem
- '50s neck is made for fast, comfortable feel
- Certificate of Authenticity hand signed by Henry Juszkiewicz
- Dirty Fingers + pickups made with Ceramic 8 magnets for smoky humbucker tones
- Grover tuners
- Includes Olive green hardshell case
- Only 300 guitars will be made available
This Les Paul features a classic solid-mahogany body with a maple top for superb warmth and bite. The legendary Les Paul body design provides great playing balance. A solid, quarter-sawn mahogany neck is glued in and carved to a ‘50s profile. The neck is topped with an unbound fingerboard made from genuine, one-piece rosewood that was once confiscated, then returned to Gibson by the US government.
The Government Series Les Paul features a pair of legendary Dirty Fingers+ humbuckers, an update of one of the two most powerful pickup designs Gibson has ever. Made with three Ceramic 8 magnets and over-wound coils packed with 44 AWG wire, the Dirty Fingers+ humbucker provides unfathomable crunch and unparalleled sustain. A traditional two volume, master tone control section features black Speed Knobs and the guitar’s Tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece, and Grover tuners are all plated in black.
Each Government Series Les Paul guitar comes protected in a special olive green Government Series hardshell case, and includes a Certificate of Authenticity hand signed by Gibson CEO Henry Juszkiewicz, an owner’s manual, adjustment literature and truss-rod tool.