- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
The Gibson Les Paul Tribute to Les Electric Guitar
pays homage to the legendary guitar and music innovator. This incredible guitar has many of the features of the original Les Pauls of the early 50s that Les worked with Gibson to build. The Mahogany body with no weight relief, dual P-90 pickups, Orange Drop capacitors and a wraparound trapeze tailpiece give you that 50s Les Paul look and tone.
Some unique touches that pay tribute to Les Paul will make the guitar really stand out. A Maple veneer on the headstock features Les’ photo laser etched. Gibson also outfit the guitar with a Lester William Polsfuss stamped pickguard in his handwriting. All in all the Les Paul Tribute to Les guitar is meant to be displayed for all the remember Les and his remarkable spirit. Limited run of 400 pieces worldwide.
Commemorative collector pack via mail-in rebate!
Purchase a new Les Paul Tribute guitar between now and July 31, 2013 and receive a Les Paul book, varsity jacket, Gibson Factory Craftsman T-shirt and a certificate of authenticity.
Gibson Les Paul Tribute Electric Guitar Features
- Mahogany body with carved Maple top
- Mahogany neck with traditional thick profile
- Bound rosewood fingerboard with trapezoid Inlays
- Dual P-90 humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions
- Chrome, wraparound trapeze tailpiece matching Les 1952 patent
- Cream pickguard with Lester William Polsfuss stamped in his handwriting
- Maple head veneer with Les photo laser etched
- TonePros vintage-style tuners with 16:1 ratio
The Les Paul Tribute starts with the same foundation that made the original 1952 Goldtop such a powerful tone machine. Its body is made from two pieces of solid lightweight mahogany with no weight relief, capped with a carved maple top. Its one-piece, quarter-sawn mahogany neck is set with Titebond to secure its long-tenon joint, and carved to a traditional rounded ’50s profile, with a solid rosewood fingerboard. While the Les Paul Tribute carries the original trapeze tailpiece of the first Les Pauls, Gibson USA corrects the way this was used on guitars from 1952 to early ’53 by following Les’s original design, with an appropriate neck angle to allow the strings to be wrapped over the bridge, rather than under, for an improved playing feel. The correct colored cream binding, gold Speed knobs, and TonePros vintage-style tuners complete the guitar’s period-correct appearance.
The Les Paul Tribute is more than just a trophy piece, however, and shares the same fat single-coil P-90 pickups that have made 1952-’56 Les Pauls such favorites with players for the past 60 years. Gibson makes its P-90s today just like it did six decades ago, with two Alnico V bar magnets in each pickup and coils wound with approximately 10,000 turns of 42 AWG wire, for plenty of beef when you hit ’em hard, but crystalline clean tones when you back off the guitar’s volume controls. Orange Drop tone caps assist in that warm, singing woman tone when you roll back the tone controls, too. All in all, it’s both a stunning tribute, and a great playing and sounding guitar—just as Lester intended. Purchase yours today at American Musical Supply and secure your own piece of guitar history.
Gibson Les Paul Tribute to Les Electric Guitar Specifications
- Top: Maple
- Body: 2-Piece Mahogany, no weight relief
- Neck: Mahogany, Traditional ‘Thick’ Profile, Maple head veneer with Les’ photo laser etched
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, Cream Binding, Trapezoid Inlays
- Hardware: Chrome, Wraparound Trapeze Tailpiece matching Les’ 1952 patent
- Electronics: Dual P-90, Orange Drop Capacitors
- Plastics: Cream, Lester William Polsfuss stamped pickguard in his handwriting
- Case: Textured Brown exterior / Custom fleece interior
Price Match - Guarantee
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.