The Gibson SG Government Series Electric Guitar
commemorates a very memorable moment in the long history of Gibson. In August of 2011, Gibson’s Nashville factory was raided by the US government who seized a number of rosewood fingerboard blanks. Those pieces were later returned and are now featured on the Government Series guitars. This extremely limited instrument will only be produced in a run of 300 guitars.
Gibson SG Government Series Electric Guitar Features
- Rosewood fingerboard made from the wood that was seized and later returned by the US government
- Included in the case is a 5-ply pickguard that is hot-stamped in gold with the Government Series emblem
- Dirty Fingers + pickups made with Ceramic 8 magnets for smoky humbucker tones
- Rounded SG neck profile for a fantastic feel
- Certificate of Authenticity hand signed by Henry Juszkiewicz
- Grover tuners
- Includes Olive green hardshell case
- Only 300 guitars will be made available
This SG features a classic solid-mahogany body for superb warmth and punch. A solid, quarter-sawn mahogany neck is glued in and carved to a round SG profile. The neck is topped with an unbound fingerboard made from genuine, one-piece rosewood that was once confiscated, then returned to Gibson by the US government.
The Government Series SG features a pair of legendary Dirty Fingers+ humbuckers, an update of one of the two most powerful pickup designs Gibson has ever. Made with three Ceramic 8 magnets and over-wound coils packed with 44 AWG wire, the Dirty Fingers+ humbucker provides unfathomable crunch and unparalleled sustain. A traditional two volume, master tone control section features black Speed Knobs and the guitar’s Tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece, and Grover tuners are all plated in black.
Each Government Series SG guitar comes protected in a special olive green Government Series hardshell case, and includes a Certificate of Authenticity hand signed by Gibson CEO Henry Juszkiewicz, an owner’s manual, adjustment literature and truss-rod tool.