The famous Dove flame maple-backed dreadnought introduced in the early ‘60s is intertwined with one of the most revolutionary decades in popular music history. Its maple back and sides, and long scale produce the crisp, clear tone and projection associated with the SJ-200 while the square-shoulder body brings a balance and warmth usually associated with the Hummingbird.
The handcrafted pickguard, with a single mother-of-pearl dove inlaid among hand-painted wild roses, make this guitar instantly recognizable as a true child of the ’60s. Ships with a certificate of authenticity.
Gibson 2014 Classic Dove Acoustic Electric Guitar Features
- Dovetail neck-to-body joint, hand-fitted and secured with hide glue ensures unequalled resonance transfer from strings to body.
- Radiused body for projection and clarity.
- Nitrocellulose lacquer finish allows the tone to mature with age.
- 100% American made, handcrafted in Bozeman, Montana.
|All Gibson Acoustic Guitars are hand-built in Montana and feature:
- A Dovetail neck-joint with hot-hide glue for optimal tone transfer
- Scalloped bracing for maximum resonance
- Hand-sprayed nitrocellulose lacquer finish, allowing the wood move and breath
- Incredible attention to detail throughout
American Musical Supply - an Authorized Gibson Internet Retailer
AmericanMusical.com has been selected as one of Gibson's very few Authorized Internet Retail Sites in the United States. As one of these select few Internet sites, AMS offers an unparalleled selection of all of Gibson’s premium brands, all covered by Gibson’s Limited Lifetime Warranty – only available from Authorized Gibson retailers.
Gibson is recognized as one of the most respected guitar builders in the world. AMS is proud to have a decades-long history with them and honored that Gibson has chosen us to bring their world-class instruments to you. Look for more new product announcements, special events and promotions in the coming months.
Gibson - Pure.