A single channel low-cost preamp with all the features and components needed for high quality audio recording, the Golden Age Project's Pre73 MKII Microphone and Line Preamp utilizes a wholly discrete signal path by way of three transformers that have been separated for an independent balanced microphone input, line input and output. Designed to match Neve 1073 pre/eq module, the circuitry in the Pre73 MKII Preamp has a warm and punchy character with a sweet musical tone reminiscent of that classic, versatile sound perfect for any genre of music.
Golden Age Project Pre73 MKII Microphone Preamp Features
- Lower noise floor and Greater Dynamic Range than the Original Pre73 Preamp
- Pre73 MKII adds a rear-panel insert for EQ and dynamics processing
- Vintage Style electronics with no integrated circuits in the signal path
- Switchable phantom power and absolute phase
- High-impedance instrument input for connecting sound modules, electric guitar or bass
- A simple but effective 4-step LED output level meter
- The output level control offers:
- Fine gain adjustments
- Overloading the main gain stage(s) for more character
- Lowering the signal to a suitable level before the output stage
- Combo XLR/TRS input jacks and separate output XLR and TRS jacks
- Includes high power external power supply
A must have for your studio, the Golden Age Project Pre 73 MKII Microphone and Line Preamp offers a max gain up to 80 dB for mics and a gain range switchable between -20 to + 10 dB for line input sound sources. The Pre73 MKII Preamp also offers a high-impedance instrument input making this Golden Age Project Microphone and Line Preamp a perfect solution for the majority of signal sources.
Pre73 MKII Uses
Connect to a passive ribbon mic, a workstation synthesizer, sound module or an electric instrument including guitar or bass, the Golden Age Project Pre73 MKII microphone input is switchable from 300 to 1200 ohms to influence the tone of most microphones whether Dynamic or condenser. The Pre73 MKII also offers a simple 4-step LED signal level meter for monitoring levels, a phase switch and an output level control.