An innovative version of the classic Falcon design! The Gretsch G6139T-CBDC Falcon Center Block Double Cutaway features a beautiful 1.75 inch-deep three-ply maple body with a 16 inch lower bout, arched top and back, multi-ply sparkle appointments and oversized f-holes. The centerpiece of this Falcon is a long spruce center block that reduces resonant feedback while producing throaty semi-hollow tones.
The center block of the Gretsch Falcon Center Block guitar runs the entire length of the body and minimizes body-resonant feedback and enables a more ‘high gain-friendly’ performance. Second, it’s made of spruce, which produces a spirited, lively tone. Third, the center block itself is chambered at the lower bout to minimize weight. Fourth, the pinned wood bridge base extends over the sides of the center block about 5/8 inch on either side, transferring string-vibration energy to the two f-hole-vented body chambers to produce a rich and full-bodied tone.
Gretsch G6139T-CBDC Falcon Center Block Double Cutaway Features
- Three-piece maple neck with a 22 fret ebony fingerboard
- Pearloid Neo-Classic ‘thumbnail’ inlays and multi-ply sparkle appointments
- Gretsch ‘winged/vertical’ sparkle logo
- Dual High Sensitive Filter’Tron pickups
- Jeweled-arrow knobs
- Adjusto-Matic bridge with pinned ebony base and Bigsby B6G tailpiece
- Grover Imperial tuners and Schaller strap locks
- Available in White with Gold Sparkle appointments and Black with Silver Sparkle appointments