The Hohner Marine Band Thunderbird Harmonica is a remarkable instrument that yields some of the richest and tightest deep-toned harmonica sounds ever! This harmonica gets its namesake from a song by Little Walter and a band fronted by virtuoso blues harp player Kim Wilson. Hohner worked with legendary harmonica customizer Joe Filisko to create the Marine Band Thunderbird. Leading edge innovation with cover plates designed by Joe Filisko come together to set the bar low key harmonicas.
This revolutionary new model offers unprecedented volume and response in the low register, with virtually no reed rattle. Break new ground with the meanest, fattest low-down sound around!
Hohner Marine Band Thunderbird Harmonica Features
- Special new reed profiles for fast response and high volume even at extremely low pitch
- Conical lower cover design prevents reed rattle
- Triple-coated laminated bamboo comb, an innovative renewable natural material
- Attractive HOHNER logo brand on back of comb
- Covers and reed plates fitted with Philips head screws permit easy assembly and disassembly and facilitate maintenance
- Channel openings and reed plate edges rounded off for greater playing comfort
- Sturdy neoprene zipper case allows moisture to evaporate while keeping dust out
- Practical elasticated loop permits case to be worn on belt
- Full constructional compatibility with Marine Band Deluxe and Crossover
- All parts available as spares
- Made in Germany