The Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 36 Guitar Amplifier Head
packs features that will make it your go-to amp on stage, in the studio and at home! The built in a MIDI system provides access to the 3 channels, FX loop and onboard reverb. It can even select the power stages of the integrated power soak with wattage selection of 36, 18, 5, 1 watt and Speaker Off!
With the TubeMeister 36 head you can tap its full dynamic range by running the Clean channel at 36 watts and switch over to the Crunch channel in 5-watt mode with the Master knob wide open to get good and grungy with some grinding rhythm. Or you could run the Lead channel at 18 watts for some high-gain riffage and switch over in a flash to the full 36 watts for a screaming solo! Hughes and Kettner have outdone themselves.
Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 36 Head Features
- Harmonically rich tube distortion that goes from edgy overdrive to creamy lead sounds
- Warm tube tone with phenomenal dynamic range that sweeps from sparkling clean to throaty crunch
- Modern high-gain sound that pairs plenty of punch with endless sustain
- 2x Passive 3-band voicing section tweaked to evoke the best frequency response out of each channel
- Preamp section sporting three 12AX7 tubes
- Push-pull power amp that pumps out stage-approved 36 watts
- Oversized transformers with tons of headroom
- TSC-protected power amp featuring auto-bias and status LED
- Footswitch connection enabling remote channel switching, FX-loop and reverb
- Serial FX loop for adding effects-flavored spice to the sonic stew
- 5-stage, MIDI programmable power soak with silent recording capability
- Balanced RED BOX OUT with authentic speaker emulation
- Integrated, adjustable reverb
- Integrated MIDI-Interface including phantom power
- MIDI-LEARN for easy programming of channels, FX-loop, reverb and power soak
A touch of a button is all it takes to conjure up to 128 such combinations. Imagine what this can do for your stage performance. And the 1-watt option brings the sound of the big stage into your own four walls, sans tonal compromises. Now you can keep that Master knob dimed even at home.
The built-in RED BOX feeds preamp and true power amp tone straight to a stage or studio mixing console. It authentically emulates the sound of a 4 x 12 inch cab and delivers a balanced line signal to the Speaker Out for use in rehearsal rooms, on stage, and even to pipe that sweet tube-driven sound straight into the PA. In combination with the power soak’s silent recording option, the RED BOX lets you lay down professional-quality tracks any time day or night.
But that’s still not all; there’s also the wonderful TSC (Tube Safety Control). It is an automated system that constantly monitors and readjusts the bias to ensure power tubes operate reliably and deliver to-die-for tone, always. With the TSC, swapping tubes couldn’t be any easier. And that makes the Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 36, already one of the world’s most versatile tube amps, also one of the most dependable.