Ibanez AS103 Artcore Custom Electric Guitar is an excellent Semi Hollow Body guitar, Great to Play, Incredible to look at!
The Artcore AS103 is a semi acoustic electric guitar that features a gorgeous all flame maple body, two Ibanez Custom 58 humbucking pickups, and the new fine tuner equipped Quik Change Ultra tailpiece, which offers easier string changes.
Ibanez stunned the music industry when the first Artcores were unveiled and the appearance of the Artcore Customs in 2005 seems to have had the same effect. No one would have blinked an eye if Ibanez had placed a price tag of over two grand on these beautiful boxes. But the Artcore Customs are less than half that. Now with a semi-acoustic model for players who want more sustain and feedback resistance to play at higher volumes, Ibanez presents a fully comprehensive series. Artcore Custom received two nominations by music industry retailers for the 2006 Music and Sound Awards, Electric Guitar of the Year and Product of Year.
In summer 2002, Ibanez turned the music industry upside down with the Introduction of Artcore guitars. No longer were full and semi-acoustic guitars just big expensive jazz boxes for jazz players - even some of their competitors bought them (no, we're not making this up). With Artcore guitars you get an amazingly affordable price plus the quality and tone you expect from Ibanez, the guitar company with over four decades of experience making full and semi-acoustic guitars.
Ibanez Artcore Features
A few words about Ibanez…
- The great complex tones found only in true full-hollow guitars
- Unlike many so-called full-hollow guitars in the more affordable price rangeswhich feature soundblocks, Ibanez Artcore full-acoustic models are truly full-hollow
- Deluxe Artcore models (86 series) offer 3pc necks for additional stability and strength and upgraded appointments such as abalone inlays
- Medium output Artcore pickups produce clear tones and work well with effects
- AFS models feature full-sized bodies, but with thinner depths, and Vintage Vibratos which make these models especially prized by country and rockabilly players
Without a doubt Ibanez is one of the world’s foremost guitar manufacturers. The Modern Era of Ibanez guitars began in 1957 and since then they have enjoyed incredible success. They continue to experiment with edgy designs and finishes but have never lost track of their roots. Their amazing Artcore line of hollowbodies are some of the most sought after guitars in the world and their RG line is a must-have for rock and metal fans alike. And don’t discount their bass guitars, cherished by musicians the world over. This is a company that can do it all - straight-ahead rock models, elegant hollow bodies and everything in between. They even have a nice line of pedals and accessories that pros and amateurs have grown to love. Find out for yourself why some performers won’t play anything else but Ibanez.