The Ibanez RG1527 is a lightning-fast 7-string with Ibanez Vintage humbuckers for tight, articulate yet warm tone.
The RG1527 has an ultra low-profile Edge-Pro 7 tremolo bridge, which is almost totally flat to the body, and a lightning-fast 5-piece maple and wenge Wizard Prestige neck. The RG1527 is a bolt-neck guitar with a basswood body and a rosewood (or maple) fingerboard. Its pickups include V7 (neck) and V8 (bridge) humbuckers. The awesome Edge-Pro bridge lets you load strings with or without the ball end and the string holder blocks are not a part of the saddle; no more blocks falling out! The shape of this bridge follows that of the fretboard for a more comfortable right hand feel.
Edge-Pro Tremolo Features:
- Lowest profile Ibanez tremolo ever
- Upgraded version of Edge Zero 7 Tremolo
- Strings can be installed with or without ball end
- String holder block is part of the saddle—no more blocks falling out
- Die-cast bridge follows the shape of the fretboard for more comfortable right hand feel
- Allows stiffer string tension for arming and superior return to pitch
- Rounded steel saddle chip offers increased sustain and longer string life
- Includes Ibanez Prestige Hardshell Case
The RG1527's ripping tones come from a V77 pickup in the neck position and a V87 in the bridge position.
The Ibanez Wizard neck was designed to be thin, flat and fast.
Basswood is a comparatively lightweight wood, which makes it very comfortable for extended playing. With a good balance of highs and lows, basswood is right in between alder and mahogany in sound character.
24 Jumbo frets
Jumbo frets offer easy playing for leads and chording.