The Ibanez S520EX is called the Extreme Metal model - and for good reason. While Ibanez S series guitars have always been able to hang in there with the hardest, heaviest metal, Ibanez decided to build an S series guitar that looked as heavy as it sounds. The S250EX features a mahogany body with a black finish, a three-piece Wizard II neck, a bound 22-fret rosewood fingerboard with a special inlay on the 12th fret, black hardware, and a ZR Tremolo bridge.
Ibanez S520EX Features
DiMarzio IBZ Pickups
- Wizard II Neck: 25.5 scale neck is 2mm thicker than the super-thin, super-flat Ibanez Wizard.
- Mahogany Body: Mahogany provides rich warm lows and sweet sustain.
- 22 Jumbo frets: Jumbo frets offer easy playing for leads and chording.
- IBZ INF1 (H) Neck Pickup: The Infinity 1 is a versatile and responsive ceramic magnet humbucker with warm classic tone and added output.
- IBZ INF2 (H) Bridge Pickup: The Infinity 2 offers enhanced midrange output and excellent dynamics. Alnico-5 magnet for string clarity.
- Hardware Color: Black
IBZ pickups are made by DiMarzio in the United States exclusively for Ibanez guitars. Harmonically alive with medium high output, DiMarzio IBZ's were made specifically for hard and heavy rock guitar styles.
Ibanez S Series Guitars
Sixteen years ago everyone knew
that fat mahogany tone and sustain equaled weight and discomfort. Then the S changed everything. The S is thin around the edge to give you great comfort, and thick around the neck, pickups and bridge to give you great tone. The 2003 S line offers both double locking and synchronized trems, some including built-in piezos so the S can add acoustic clarity to its signature mahogany tone and sustain.
Ibanez S Series Features
- Big, heavy tone without the big heavy body. Super sleek S guitars provide complete playing freedom and comfort. New finishes complement the unique S arched back and top.
- Thin fast, and flat Wizard and Wizard II necks allow effortless fretwork.
A few words about Ibanez…
Without a doubt Ibanez is one of the world’s foremost guitar manufacturers. The Modern Era of Ibanez guitars began in 1957 and since then they have enjoyed incredible success. They continue to experiment with edgy designs and finishes but have never lost track of their roots. Their amazing Artcore line of hollowbodies are some of the most sought after guitars in the world and their RG line is a must-have for rock and metal fans alike. And don’t discount their bass guitars, cherished by musicians the world over. This is a company that can do it all. Straight ahead rock models, elegant hollow bodies and everything in between. They even have a nice line of pedals and accessories that pros and amateurs have grown to love. Find out for yourself why some performers won’t play anything else but Ibanez.