The IK Multimedia iRig PRE Microphone Preamp for iDevices is the ultimate solution for connecting any type of microphone - from regular stage microphones to expensive studio models - to any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad providing access to the widest range of recording applications. iRig PRE is the first high-quality microphone preamp designed specifically for iOS devices that allows musicians to use their favorite high-quality stage or studio mics.
The microphone plugs directly into the standard XLR connector of iRig PRE with no need for extra cables or adapters. Its adjustable thumbwheel gain control allows the user to easily make precise level settings. The onboard 9V battery provides the necessary voltage for phantom-powered studio condenser microphones for at least for 15 hours of continuous use. The 1/8 inch standard stereo headphone output allows monitoring while recording.
The IK Multimedia iRig PRE Microphone Preamp for iDevices features lightweight housing that sports a convenient cable for iOS device connection and also includes a Velcro strip slot for easy mounting on a mic stand or other stage locations. Like all other IK Multimedia microphones, it includes 2 free apps: iRig Recorder and VocaLive. And like the entire range of iRig accessories, it's highly portable thanks to its pocket-sized form factor for recording anywhere.
IK Multimedia iRig PRE Microphone Preamp for iDevices Features
- 40 centimeters, 15.75 inches TRRS cable to connect to any iOS device headset jack
- XLR input connector for microphones
- Gain control
- +48 V phantom power
- Headphone output
- On/Off switch
- Power/Phantom Power provided by 9V battery
- Battery life is approximately 40 hours with dynamic microphones and 15 hours with phantom powered condenser studio microphones
- Includes 2 free apps: iRig Recorder, an easy-to-use voice recording/editing app, and VocaLive, a multi-effects processing app for singers
- Compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad