IK Multimedia Sonik Synth 2 is a new dedicated virtual instrument plug-in and the highly anticipated sequel of the original Sonic Synth, a successful cooperative effort initiated in 2001 that was a combination of Sonic Reality sounds and IK Multimedia’s SampleTank® LE plug-in.
Now Sonik Synth 2 is a complete integrated sound module plug-in with unique features that takes the concept of virtual instruments into a whole new sonic territory! With a dedicated virtual synth module design, Sonik Synth 2 offers the best of both software and sounds in one easy to use and powerful package.
Sonik Synth™ 2 sounds are created using multiple layers of up to 16 multitimbral parts with effects and a variety of synth engines combined together to offer amazing sounds at a new standard of quality for a synth plug-in. Covering a
wide range of rich ethereal soundscapes, deep and moving bass tones, killer leads, moody orchestral textures, spectral and vocal formant pads and all of the workstation variety of keyboard sounds and drums in one package!
Sonik Synth 2 gives you ultra-fast access to more than 500 sounds designed with powerful layering of more than 1,000 individual parts made up of high quality multisampled instruments, waveforms and performance elements. Each of these parts can also be combined by the user to obtain millions of different sonic possibilities giving this synth workstation plug-in the flexibility of endless creativity.
IK Multimedia Sonik Synth 2 Features
- Combi/Parts editing
- Avanced part MIDI controls for extremely realistic performances
- 16 parts multitimbral synth module with layerable parts
- Multiple synth engines: new STRETCH™ and traditional
- Enhanced instruments browsing
- Total sound editing with full access to 50 Synth-Sampler
- Zone feature for single sample accurate editing
- 32 built-in DSP effects
- 5 combi effects, 5 effects per part, 85 effects slots
- Easy to use full MIDI control
- Keywords and sound search function with integrated
- 256 notes polyphony
- Available as VST, RTAS, DXi, AU, MAS
At the heart of Sonik Synth 2 is first class source material from Sonic Reality. Waves and textures ranging from original orchestral soundscapes to rich vocal layers to wine glasses to traditional instruments like pianos, organs, guitars, drums and ethnic instruments are the elements of Sonik Synth 2’s massive sound set. But it wouldn’t be the ultimate synth workstation without the ultimate synth collection inside!
Beautiful true analog circuitry and a variety of flavors from different manufacturers and models makes the broad range of collectible vintage synths from around the world appealing in so many styles of music. Sonic Reality has compiled one of the most diverse sample collections of vintage synthesizers ever and incorporated a virtual synth museum inside of Sonik Synth 2. With the authentic character of classic analog
and digital hybrid synths ranging from the most popular sounds used on endless hit songs to the esoteric and unique flavors of rare keyboards, Sonik Synth 2 has it all! From the rich character of synth sounds to real instrument sounds and combinations used on popular recordings to new dynamic and inspiring explorations in sound, Sonik Synth 2 is vast and powerful for styles of music ranging from film soundtracks to classic rock to R&B or to the latest dance styles and beyond.
Sonik Synth 2 offers a unique, state-of-the-art software design with many special features and sounds not found in any other virtual instrument plug-in. 32 bit synth engine including IK’s high quality multisample playback and exclusive harmonic STRETCH™ synthesis. 5 global combi effects and 5 insert effects per part for a total of 85 different effects slots. More than 30 hi-quality DSP effects to choose from, developed using sophisticated analog modeling cover popular effect needs within this amazing synth-workstation. From Classic Analog Modeled Filters to Vintage Phasers, Flangers, BPM Sync Delays, Choruses, Tube Modeled Pre Amps, EQs, Compressors, Distortions and many more fully automatable effects, Sonik Synth 2 has everything you’ll need to shape your sounds like never before.
Sonik Synth 2 will be available as a RTAS, VST®, Audio Unit, Dxi, and MAS plug-in for Mac®0S9, Mac®0SX and Windows® XP as well as every other popular plug-in format all from the same box.
Here is a partial list of the vintage synthesizer sound sources used in Sonik Synth 2:
- Arp™ 2500: A rare matrix connection modular synth seen used at the end of "Close Encounters" as well as heard on popular records from The Who, Joe Walsh and many others…
- Arp™ 2600, ProSoloist & Quadra: Used for many popular synth sounds from artists like Genesis, Joe Zawinal, Herbie Hancock and more!
- Arp™ Solina: A popular string keyboard used by Gary Wright, Beach Boys, Pink Floyd and many
- Arp™ Odyssey: Both the orange & black as well as the rare "white face" version.
- Arp™ Little Brother: A rare expansion module from Arp with unique fuzz waves.
- Moog™ Modular: Both 901 and 921 oscillator systems. Modular Moogs were used by artists like Keith Emerson, Wendy Carlos, Tonto’s Expanding Headband and others!
- Moog™ Minimoog: Perhaps the most popular classic synth, the minimoog was used on endless hit recordings and is a favorite bass synth in R&B, disco, funk and rock tunes as well as being a popular lead synth amongst artists like Yes, Rush, George Duke and countless others!
- Moog™ Taurus 1 Pedals: The ultimate deep bass synth with unique logarhythmic oscillators has provided a huge sound for dance artists "in the know" as well as for classic rock bands like Rush, Genesis and many more!
- Moog™ Polymoog: One of the first polyphonic synth-like keyboards, this one had a silky sound used by artists like Gary Numan, Yes, Genesis and many others.
- EMS™ "Putney" VCS3 and Synthi: This was one of Britain’s most popular synths used on classic records such as "Dark Side of the Moon", "Who’s Next" and many others.
- Oberheim™ SEM, 2 voice & 8 voice
- Oberheim™ OBX, OBXa & OB8
- Oberheim™ Matrix 12 & XPander
- EML™ 101 & 200
- Emu™ Modular
- Buchla™ Modular
- Serge™ Modular
- Gleeman™ Pentaphonic
- Voyetra™ 8
- PPG™ Wave 2, 2.2 & 2.3
- Prophet™ VS
- Prophet™ 5 rev 1, 2 & 3
- Prophet™ 10
- Rhodes™ Chroma
- Yamaha™ CS80
- Yamaha™ DX7
- Kawai™ K5
- SH™101 & MC™202
- Juno™ 60 & 106
- Jupiter™ 6 & 8
- RMI™ Keyboard Computer II
- RMI™ Electra Piano/Organ
- NED™ Synclavier
- Novachord™ Tube Synth
- … and the list goes on!
Sonik Synth is a trademark property of IK Multimedia/Sonic Reality. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.