Spectrasonics Trilian Bass Module Virtual Instrument Software
The Total Solution for Adding Realistic Bass to Your Music Production Software!
Comprehensive by design, Spectrasonics brings you Trilian, a variety of the most real sounding Bass sounds in a single Virtual Instrument package. Designed from the ground up, Trillian is described as the most versatile bass virtual instrument available today providing incredible levels of expressive, real-time acoustic and electric bass sounds with the edition of cutting-edge synth bass. Trilian’s 34GB library is features all new acoustic, electric and synth basses.
Spectrasonics Trilian Features
- New Instruments include expressive, real-time performance features:
- Intuitive, automatic selection of dynamic legato and release articulations allows for highly realistic hammer-ons, pull-offs and trills
- Extensive Round-Robin articulations for natural sounding bass lines with repeated notes
- Multisampled dynamic slides – realistically slide from one note to another
- Multi-channel mixing between Microphone/Amplifier and Direct outputs of each bass
- Articulations for Acoustic and Electric basses include:
- staccato, legato, sustain, vibrato, slide up, slide down, slide up and down, bliss up, harmonics, FX squeaks, X-notes, at multiple velocities with extensive Round-Robin
- Pitched Release samples triggering
- Up to 16x Round Robin samples for ultimate realism
- Live Mode offers intuitive key switching approach for multiple articulations
- Stack mode allows user configurable key/velocity/controller mapping for custom patch zones and splits
- Custom Controls bring instant, useful and exciting synth bass patch editing attributes right to the users control
- Arpeggiator with Groove Lock for instant bass line syncing to any Stylus RMX groove or MIDI file
Powered by next generation STEAM Engine technology, Trilian is the first instrument to feature core library integration with Spectrasonics flagship Omnisphere synth – allowing Trilian’s sounds to be used within the Omnisphere environment for further sound design and keyboard/bass splits.
The acoustic and electric basses in Trilian are sampled at an extremely high level of detail. The combination of the software’s intuitive, automatic selection of legato and release articulations as the user plays - and the extensive Round-Robin
variations introduced for natural sounding bass lines with repeated notes - create a more dynamic and subtle playing experience. Newly developed multisampled dynamic slides let notes realistically slide from one to another. Each of the new basses feature multi-channel mixing between phase-locked microphone/amplifier and direct outputs of each bass.
Over sixty different 4, 5, 6 and 8 string Electric basses are presented in fingered, picked, fretless, slapped, tapped, and muted technique variations – providing a huge variety of sounds for any musical genre. Highlights of the Electric Basses include a Music Man 5-string Studio Bass, Chapman Stick, Lakland Rock P-Bass, Clean Fender Jazz Bass, a Hardcore Rock Bass, a Retro 1960’s Epiphone Viola Bass and much more.
Trilian’s stunning new Acoustic Bass is the most detailed instrument Spectrasonics has ever released, with 4 audio channels and over 21,000 samples to create this single instrument! All this combined with Trilian’s high-resolution streaming of the sounds puts a depth of realism into performances that is truly inspiring.
- Vast Core Library, over 34GB with a wide variety of bass sounds
- 10-times the size of Trilogy’s library
- Includes over sixty Electric Bass sounds
- 4, 5, 6 and 8-string Electric Basses played by 6 different bassists
- Includes all types of playing techniques:
- Fingered, Picked, Fretless, Slapped, Tapped, Muted
- Amazing acoustic bass with extremely detailed articulations in each patch
- Inspiring brand new Electric Basses include:
- 5-string Music Man Studio Bass, Clean Fender Jazz Bass, Epiphone Retro 60’s Bass, Hardcore Rock 5-string, Lakland Rock P-Bass and Chapman Stick
- 333 Synth soundsources includes:
- Novation Bass Station, Yamaha CS-80, Cwejman Modular, Moog Minimoog, Little Phatty, Voyager, Taurus Pedals, Korg MS-20, Oberheim 2 voice, ARP 2600, Roland Juno 60/106, Waldorf Pulse, DSI Mopho and Tetra, Roland TB-303, SH-101, Metasonix KV-100 Assblaster, SE-1, Omega, ATC-1 and many more
- Juicy Filter and Power Filter algorithms are ideal for thick, resonant synth bass sounds
- Enhanced, remastered versions of original Trilogy core library
- Bonus section of remastered classic Bass Legends library
- Features Abraham Laboriel, John Patitucci and Marcus Miller
For Synth sounds, Trilian features newly-developed 4-Pole Juicy
Filter algorithms with oscillating resonance that are ideal for electronic bass. Hundreds of synth soundsources were created using over 30 of the most exotic and coveted hardware synthesizers – from the original Moog Taurus Pedals to the latest boutique analog modular synthesizers. A multitude of extremely powerful editing controls are available for sound design – including the FlexMod
modulation system, Dual Filters with more than 19 filter types, 6 multistage looping envelopes, 6 full-featured LFOs, dual morphing modulation, modulatable FX racks and much more.
Trilian’s FX racks include all of the renowned FX processors from Omnisphere and Stylus RMX – including a wide variety of amp and speaker models, distortions, dynamics processors, equalizers, chorus, phasers, flangers, delays, reverbs, unique specialty FX and more.
- Integrated, full-featured FX Racks - just like Omnisphere and Stylus RMX
- Over 32 original FX Processors covering the full spectrum of signal processing
- Amp simulators and compressors
- EQ and reverb and delays
- Unique processors and more
- FX can be modulated, automated and MIDI Learned for powerful synthesis and real-time control options
As Spectrasonics' next-generation bass instrument, Trilian includes enhanced, remastered versions of Trilogy’s core library – taking it to a new level of sound and expression. As a special bonus, Spectrasonics’ original Bass Legends
multisamples have also been remastered and included in the Trilian library, featuring Marcus Miller, John Patitucci, and Abraham Laboriel (bass sounds which some hardware synth users may remember from popular Roland Xpansion boards and the classic MBD-1 rack bass module).
Trilian is the first virtual instrument to feature core library integration with Spectrasonics award-winning, flagship Omnisphere synthesizer. Trilian’s complete sound library can be opened within Omnisphere for further synthesis and expanded performance possibilities.
Trilian’s Arpeggiator features the Groove Lock
technology Spectrasonics pioneered in Omnisphere and Stylus RMX’s Time Designer – which means that with a simple drag and drop action, the feel of bass patterns created with Trilian’s Arpeggiator can be perfectly synchronized between all three of Spectrasonics instruments.
The new Custom Controls interface on the Main page of each patch brings out the most useful and interesting sound modification controls for that specific patch, and a single control can even modify numerous parameters to create unique FX. The Custom Controls are all MIDI Learnable, Automatable and users can create their own configurations of Custom Controls.
Trilian is cross-platform compatible with Apple Macintosh OS X 10.4.9 and higher as a native Universal Binary for Intel-Macs and Macintosh G5, and also with Microsoft Windows 7/Vista and XP SP2 and later. 32-bit Audio Units, VST, and RTAS plug-in formats are supported for compatibility with all major host software. Trilian is currently available with 64-bit native support on Windows, and 64-bit native Mac OSX support is in development.
- Powerfully simple interface design makes key features accessible to every user
- Custom Controls bring the most useful editing capabilities for each patch right to the front panel
- State of the art Browser with Searching, Attributes/Tags, Images
- Advanced MIDI Learn and Automation parameter handling
- High Definition streaming sample playback STEAM Engine technology
- Integration with Omnisphere:
- Trilian patches open inside Omnisphere for editing & live performance stacks
- (Omnisphere version 1.1 or higher required for Trilian library integration)
- Edit page offers powerful sound manipulation features
- Dual filters
- Advanced envelopes
- Full modulation matrix
- 8-part multitimbrality allows multiple articulations in a single plug-in with instant, seamless key-switching
- Expandable sound architecture allows user customizable patches and unique Bass sounds
- Comprehensive integrated Reference Guide with search
- Free Tutorial Videos available online to registered users