JBL LSR4326P Powered Studio Monitors
Powerful Audio with the Tools You Need for A Pristine Critical Listening Environment!
The 6-inch LSR4326P are superb-sounding studio monitors that take into account the acoustic realities of the modern recording environment. Using a measurement mic, these monitors can automatically calibrate themselves to the space in which they are being used. Both include an accessory kit containing a calibration microphone, remote control, LSR4300 Control Center Software (Mac/PC), USB and network cables. Sold in pairs.
JBL LSR4326P Monitors Features
- Advanced LSR Linear Spatial Reference Design provides neutral off-axis response for greater clarity at the mix position
- Automated RMC Room Mode Correction system with calibration microphone measures and automatically compensates for low frequency standing waves and boundary conditions.
- Harman HiQnet Network Protocol enables system-wide control of level, EQ, input selection, solo and more
- Wireless remote control and LSR4300 Control Center Software enable control from the listening position.
- AES/EBU, S/PDIF digital inputs
- Balanced analog input with selectable +4dBu / -10 dBV sensitivity.
- Bi-amplified design eliminates the need for external amplification.
- Front panel output meter with variable brightness displays signal level.
- Custom designed, self-shielded transducers with neodymium motor structures for exceptional transient response and superb power-handling.
- Integrated mounting points allow wall mounting for greater placement options
- Built-in handles facilitate optimum positioning.
- Low and High Frequency Equalization with factory presets allows tailoring of response to preference, or acoustic conditions in the room.
The LSR4300 Series Studio Monitors are designed for critical stereo and multi-channel audio production applications that require exceptional spectral accuracy and high SPL capability. Acknowledging that much of today’s production is carried out in acoustically untreated rooms, the LSR4300 Series is the first professional monitor to combine JBL’s Linear Spatial Reference technology and automated RMC Room Mode Correction, an onboard system that automatically compensates for low frequency anomalies measured at the mix position. The LSR4300 enhances computer-based production by incorporating system-wide volume control, input source selection, individual speaker solo and user EQ. Harman HiQnet Network protocol enables centralized system-wide control from any speaker, wireless remote control and computer using LSR4300 Control Center Software.
436H Low Frequency Transducer
The 6.25-inch woofer utilizes a powerful, shielded neodymium magnet of light weight which can be used in close proximity to CRT-type monitors with no interference. The transducer utilizes a copper-clad pole=piece that improves high frequency output by reducing voice coil inductance. A copper ribbon voice coil ensures high sensitivity, and a flux shorting ring stabilizes the magnetic field in the gap, reducing distortion. Heat sinking has been placed close to the magnetic gap in order to draw out heat as efficiently as possible. The cone is polymer coated for uniformity of response over the woofer's passband.
431G High Frequency Transducer
The high frequency transducer has a treated silk diaphragm that produces uniform and smooth sound. Its flat ribbon aluminum voice coil ensures low moving mass and enables the transducer to achieve response out to 22 kHz. A light weight neodymium magnet structure with integral heat sinking, along with Ferrofluid in the magnetic gap, enable the transducer to produce high peak output levels with minimal power compression. The magnet structure is integrally shielded, enabling the system to be used in proximity to CRT-type monitors with no interference.
Bi-amplified Power System
The LSR4326P incorporates two high power amplifiers that provide 150 Watts of power to the low frequency transducer and 70 Watts of power to the high frequency transducer. A precision digital dividing network having high-order Linkwitz-Riley slope characteristics for smooth transition between transducers, results in exceptional imaging and lack of time smear. The circuitry also yields a tonal-artifact-free noise floor.
Network and Digital Features
The LSR4300 Series utilizes the Harman HiQnet network protocol that allows centralized control of a multi-channel system from a from any speaker’s front panel, wireless remote control, or computer via a standard USB connection and LSR4300 Control Center Software. The network is configured using supplied CAT5 cable and by setting a DIP switch on each speaker. Harman HiQnet also enables synchronized RMC calibration of all speakers on the network.
Automated RMC Room Mode Correction System
Room modes (sometimes called standing waves
) can produce a low frequency resonance that gives a misleading impression of bass response at the listening position. RMC (short for Room Mode Correction
) in the LSR4300 series automatically analyzes the frequency response of the speakers at the listening position and automatically applies a corrective filter to minimize low frequency resonance.
When the calibration mic is connected and the RMC analysis is initiated the LSR4300 RMC system applies a parametric filter at any of 73 frequencies (1/24th octave centers) between 20 Hz and 160 Hz, with a variable Q from 1 (1.4 octave bandwidth) to 16 (1/11th octave bandwidth), with 3 to 12 dB of attenuation. During the RMC calibration process, speaker levels are trimmed in 0.25 dB increments so that all speakers in the system produce equal SPL (sound pressure level) at the mix position.
- Wireless Remote Control
- LSR4300 Control Center Software
- RMC Calibration Microphone & Mic Clip
- USB Cable, two AA Batteries
- 2 Network Termination Plugs