JBL PRX615M 2-Way Powered PA Speaker
Offering the perfect balance between size and performance; the JBL PRX615 is small, lightweight, versatile and powerful. The asymmetrical design with outstanding performance makes this a perfect choice for musicians, entertainers and DJ’s when portability is key. Convenient suspension points offer an additional option as an exceptional light-duty installation speaker.
JBL PRX615 Features
- 1000 Watt Class-D, Crown digital amplifier with 135db peak SPL
- 15 inch Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer
- 1.5 inch annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium magnet compression driver
- DSP input section with dbx Type IV limiter circuit
- Crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization and selectable system EQ
- Professional XLR line and 1/4 inch Mic/Instrument inputs, with loop through
- Integrated 36mm dual-angle pole mount socket
- Large die-cast aluminum handle bar with a fine tuned ergonomic rubber grip
- Eight M10 Suspension points and 1 pullback point
For applications requiring full bandwidth sound reproduction, the PRX615M delivers the optimum balance. For live music, recorded music playback and speech the user has the option of tailoring the EQ, ‘flat’ for speech intelligibility, and ‘boost’ for enhanced bass and crisp highs in recorded music playback. A microphone can be directly connected to the speaker input for quick PA applications. Coupled with a PRX600 sub-woofer the system becomes an efficient, full-range sound system.
The PRX615M is comprised of a 380 mm (15 inch) 265F Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer, a 2408H-1 37.5 mm (1.5 inch) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90 by 50 degree horn, all driven by 1000 watt (dual 500 watt) Crown Class-D power amplifier. A propriety DSP chip is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
All PRX600 cabinets are built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX600 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each.
The amplifier input panel offers XLR or 1/4 inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level, via the level control knob.