The JBL PRX618S Subwoofer offers compact, powerful performance fitting an 18 inch subwoofer in an enclosure close to the size of a typical 15 inch sub. The perfect compliment to PRX600 full-range mains, the PRX618S utilizes a pole receptacle on the top panel and integrated stereo pass-thru, with selectable HP filter. Add a couple PRX612M or PRX615M powered loudspeakers and you get a highly transportable, high performance subs/satellite system. A polarity reverse options allows you to integrate this 18 inch sub with any set of tops.
JBL PRX618S Features
- 600 Watt Class-D, Crown digital amplifier with 129db peak SPL
- 18 inch Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer
- Professional XLR line and 1/4 inch Mic/Instrument inputs
- Stereo input and Loop-Thru capability
- Top panel 36mm pole mount socket for sub/satellite configuration
- 16 Gauge, dent resistant grille
- Obsidian DuraFlex coated plywood construction
- Large die-cast aluminum handle bar with a fine tuned ergonomic rubber grip
The PRX618S is a high performance self powered compact subwoofer system. The PRX618S is comprised of a 268G, 460 mm (18 inch) Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer driven by a Crown Class-D power amplifier. The amplifier input panel offers stereo or mono line level inputs via balanced XLR connectors as well as a single channel speaker level input via a 1/4 inch TS phone jack. Signal processing, crossover functionality and limiting for the system is integrated into the input section functionality. Overall subwoofer input sensitivity is controlled by a single easy grip knob and a simple switch enables polarity reversal for sub/satellite system optimization. Signal present and limit lights indicate performance status.
All PRX600 cabinets are built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX600 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability.