JBL PRX635 Powered PA Speaker
The JBL PRX635 is a self-powered, lightweight three-way loudspeaker system capable of delivering a very high level of performance over a broad bandwidth.
The PRX635 is comprised of one 15 inch 265F Differential Drive woofer, a 6.5 inch 195H horn-loaded 90° by 50° mid-range and a 1 inch annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90° by 50° horn, all driven by a 1500 watt (3 x 500) Audio Class-D power amplifier. A propriety DSP chip is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
JBL PRX635 Speaker Features:
- Maximum SPL 135 db peak
- 15 inch Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer
- 6.5 inch horn loaded midrange transducer
- 1 inch polymer diaphragm compression driver
- 1500 Watt (3 x 500 watt) Class-D, Crown digital amplifier
- DSP input section with dbx Type IV limiter circuit, crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable system EQ
- Professional XLR line and 1/4 inch Mic/Instrument inputs, with loop through
- Obsidian DuraFlex coated plywood construction
- Large die-cast aluminum handle bar with a fine tuned ergonomic rubber grip for maximum comfort
- 8 M10 Suspension points and 1 pullback point
- Integrated 36mm pole mount socket
This speaker is ideally suited to applications where the program material exhibits subtlety and nuance. These cabinets can be stand-mounted but do require a large footprint tri-pod type stand. When pole mounting the PRX635 on a subwoofer JBL highly recommend a pole no longer than 24 inch to ensure stability and safety. As with all the full-range PRX600 Series systems two EQ selections can be used to optimize the system for the program material and/or environment. The input section also accommodates either Line or Mic/Instrument level inputs.
The amplifier input panel offers XLR or 1/4 inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level, via the level control knob.
All PRX600 cabinets are built from a combination of 25 mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX600 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability.