The JBL PRX710 Powered PA Speaker is a two-way active loudspeaker that features a 10-inch speaker and 1,500 watts of clean power in a lightweight, compact design! The remarkable PRX710 is the next step in the highly successful PRX Series and introduces the first use of JBL’s patented Differential Drive Technology with ferrite drivers. This technology incorporates lower mass in the ferrite magnet for reduced weight while maximizing power amp efficiency for greater heat dissipation and increased power handling.
Powering the PRX710 is a 1500 Watt high performance, exceptionally low distortion biamplification system engineered to deliver clean power with maximum headroom to efficiently deliver smooth high frequencies and rich, deep bass response even at very high sound power levels. Compact, ultra-lightweight, the PRX710 uses JBL’s tour tested technology throughout so you can trust it to deliver a lifetime of reliable performance!
JBL PRX710 Powered PA Speaker Features
High Performance Drivers
- 2-way design with a 10-inch woofer and 1.5 inch neodymium magnet compression driver
- 1500 watts of ultra-clean and reliable power
- Differential Drive technology delivers extended frequency response, high power output and low distortion in a dramatically lighter package
- Built from 25 mm and 18 mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood
- Tour proven DuraFlex finish, dent-resistant 16 gauge steel grill, and light-weight glass-filled nylon handles
- 100 degrees horizontal and 60 degrees vertical coverage throughout the system’s bandwidth
- Integrated limiter circuit on the inputs guarantees signal integrity
- DSP Input limiter circuit, crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable system EQ
- XLR-1/4 inch combination mic/instrument inputs, RCA inputs, and XLR loop-through
- Easy to use mixing via selection switches on both the input and loop-thru
1.5 inch annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium magnet compression driver resulting in crystal clear highs and sonic accuracy. Wide coverage angles are achieved without compromise and harmonic distortion is minimized for maximum driver SPL without harshness.
JBL’s tour tested Differential Drive technology delivers extended frequency response, high power output and low distortion in a dramatically lighter package. With the ferrite magnet positioned inside the dual-coil/dual-gap voice coil, heavy steel pole pieces are eliminated. The heat sink is the chassis itself, further lowering system weight while ensuring consistent, reliable performance.
Highly efficient Class-D amplification drives Maximum Sound Pressure Levels are the best indication of the performance of a powered speaker and all PRX700 Series excel in this critical specification. JBL’s ability to maximize the speaker and amplifier performance guarantees ample power, accurate dynamics and sonic purity.
Road Tough Construction
Built from a combination of 25 mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18 mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex finish, grilles from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel, and light-weight glass-filled nylon handles ensure strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each.
System coverage is 100 degrees horizontal and 60 degrees vertical with excellent coverage throughout the system’s bandwidth. The sound is smooth and consistent without hotspots so control is optimized.