The JBL SRX718S subwoofer's compact design is equally at home as a small, high-performance satellite subwoofer system or as a building block for larger subwoofer arrays.
The 13-ply birch enclosure is rigidly braced for solid response. A top-mounted, M20 threaded pole receptacle is used to ensure that even heavier, high-power satellite speakers can be securely mounted using the optional, adjustable SS4-BK speaker pole.
JBL SRX718S Features
- 18 inch, 2268H Differential Drive® woofer for extended low-frequency output
- Large port area for reduced distortion
- 20 mm threaded pole socket for solid, secure satellite speaker mounting
- Live performance venues
- Mobile and fixed DJ systems
- Sound system rental
The enclosure is constructed of top quality birch plywood and coated in JBL’s rugged DuraFlex finish. The attractive CNC-machined, 16-gauge steel grille wraps around the sides of the enclosure so there are no protruding lips on the front of the box to create acoustical interference. The grilles are internally lined with acoustically transparent foam to provide additional driver protection and give a very professional appearance.
For over a decade, JBL SR and SRX series speakers have represented the best performance, highest quality and most advanced driver technology available to portable PA users. The SRX700 series continues that tradition and moves the bar even higher.
The advanced technology of SRX700 series speakers delivers the power and performance that you would expect from the highest quality, professional rig. At the same time, JBL innovation and design have reduced system weight so load in and out are a breeze. All this performance is housed in rugged birch enclosures for years of superb performance.
JBL SRX718S Specifications
- System Type: 18-inch bass-reflex subwoofer
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 31 Hz – 220 Hz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 34 Hz – 220 Hz
- Input Connection Modes: Switchable, +1/-1 or +2/-2
- Recommended Crossover Frequencies: 80 Hz, 24 dB / octave HPF 80 Hz, 24 dB / octave LPF
- Power Rating (Continuous1 / Program / Peak): 800 W / 1600 W / 3200 W
- Maximum SPL2: 130 dB SPL peak
- Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 95 dB SPL
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2268H 457 mm (18 in) Differential Drive woofer
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Active Tunings: dbx DriveRack, all models. Settings available at www.jblpro.com
- Mounting: Top mounted M20 threaded socket for optional SS4-BK pole
- Enclosure: Rectangular, 18 mm, 13-ply birch plywood
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent charcoal foam backing.
- Removable JBL badge and punched JBL logo.
- Input Connectors: Neutrik® Speakon® NL-4 (x2)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 20.0 in x 23.5 in x 29.5 in (508 mm x 597 mm x 749 mm)
- Net Weight: 79 lbs. (36 kg)
1 40 Hz to 120 Hz pink noise with 6 dB crest factor.
2Calculated based on power rating and sensitivity.
JBL continually engages in research related to product improvement. Some materials, production methods and design
refinements are introduced into existing products without notice as a routine expression of that philosophy. For this
reason, any current JBL product may differ in some respect from its published description, but will always equal or
exceed the original design specifications unless otherwise stated.