Powerful features in a single rack space studio channel, the sleek Joemeek SixQ2 Microphone Preamp Channel Strip is the perfect solution for adding the sweet sound of Joemeek preamp either analog or digitally to your sound card or DAW for a warm, musical analog sound that has been missing from your recordings. A single channel mic pre, the Joemeek SixQ2 Microphone Preamp Channel Strip offers three bands of highly musical EQ, and our signature optical compressor make for a highly capable recording instrument with a convenient front panel instrument input.
Joemeek SixQ2 Microphone Preamp Channel Strip Features
What’s in the SixQ2 that wasn’t in the Original SixQ?
- Ultra Clean Microphone Preamplifier with Top Quality Cinemag Microphone Transformer
- Highly Musical Three Band EQ with LF and MF Sweep, selectable HF (6k and 12k)
- Full Featured Optical Compressor with settings from ‘silk’ to ‘in your face!’
- Accurate LED Metering for Quick Monitoring of Level and Gain
- IRON switch sends Line input through the mic transformer to add coloration
- Front Panel Instrument Input to use as a DI during sessions
- Balanced and Unbalanced I/O for proper interface with any system
- 24-bit 96k AD Converters with Optical and S/PDIF
- Compact and Rack-stackable 1U chassis design
- The microphone input transformer is permanently assigned to the Mic Input
- The IRON switch now optionally sends the Line input through the transformer, to add some coloration to Line sources.
- The input GAIN control operates over the range 18dB to 60dB, with improved resolution in the crucial 25dB-45dB range.
- Microphone inputs up to +4dBu can be accommodated without distortion (+24dBu by using the PAD switch).
- With the LINE input selected the gain is unity (0dB) at the top of the dial
- The gain range is now -19dB to +22dB
- The "INSTRument" input now has a gain range of 0dB to +40dB
- PEAK LEDs now light at +16dBu (2dB below Full Scale Digital)
The Joemeek Digital Audio Interface provides high quality digital audio outputs. The digital audio outputs are compatible with most digital recorders, as well as Digital Audio Workstations and mixers. S/PDIF format is available from the RCA phono connectors.
The Joemeek Digital Interface has highly stable onboard master clocks for low-jitter, hi-fi results. Internal sample rates of 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz or 96kHz are selected by means of rear panel switches. 44.1kHz is the standard used for audio CD's, while 48kHz and 96kHz are widely used in recording studios. In general, the higher the sample rate, the better the audio fidelity, but the more disk space is required for the recording. For example, recording at 96kHz requires twice as much storage as 48kHz. Consult the manual of your recorder or DAW as to what sample rates it will accommodate.