The Hercules DJ Console 4 MX USB DJ Controller is the perfect solution for anyone who wants a solid, great quality, virtual DJ console at a great price. The Hercules DJ Console 4 MX has solid metal casing and includes everything you need to start mixing and scratching right out of the box, including 2 large jog wheels, built in audio interface, and the super popular Virtual DJ7 LE software that is both powerful and easy to use.
Hercules DJ Console 4 MX USB DJ Controller Features
Large DJ station for mobile computer DJs
2-deck and 4-deck control
- 2-deck/4-deck metal DJ controller to mix 2 or 4 stereo audio tracks
- 2 stereo out (for mixing and previewing) plus 2 stereo in (for analog gear)
- Mobile metal controller: a large mixer (40x25cm) with included carry bag
Large jog wheels with touch detection
- 2 shift buttons to turn deck A into deck C, and deck B into deck D
- 2-deck for standard DJ mixes, when mixing 2 audio tracks
- 4-deck mixing: double the controls when you mix 4 tracks
Jog wheels’ control over the DJ software
- Same size as jog wheels on CD players
- 12cm (4.7 inch) diameter: as large as a compact disc.
- 1.9cm (0.75") height: as comfortable as on a CD player.
- 2 large jog wheels you can’t miss.
- Touch detection via weight sensors
- Weight sensors detect the user’s touch by detecting the hand’s weight, to activate scratch mode.
- Detection of the hand’s weight activating the jog wheels’ touch control is:
- - natural: like on vinyl turntables and high-end CD players.
- - secure: no disturbance from static electricity.
- - intuitive: no need to calibrate.
- Press down
- The hand’s weight moves the jog wheels down by 1mm:
- - press the jog wheel down: you feel that you’re scratching.
- - move your hand up: you feel that you’ve released the jog wheel.
Powerful DJ control surface
Number of controls:
- While the track plays, you control the DJ software with 2 actions on the jog wheel:
- - rotation, to control movement within the track.
- - press down to control scratching.
- Thus, during audio track playback:
- - Rotation without jog wheel press = pitch bend (like when you turn a turntable’s ring).
- - Rotation with jog wheel press = scratch (like when you turn a vinyl record with your hand flat on the record).
- - No rotation with jog wheel press = stop playback (like when you stop a vinyl record’s rotation with your hand).
- - No rotation without jog wheel press = playback continues.
- Jog wheel accuracy
- Rotation: 256 steps per revolution = 1.4 degrees per step.
- Press down: <1mm travel.
2-deck and 4-deck DJ mixing controller
- 2-deck mode
- Transport commands: 66 commands
- Transport buttons + combo commands: 52 buttons
- Shifted commands: 12
- Pitch reset: 2
- Knobs: 14
- Faders: 5
- Jog wheels: 4 commands
- Rotation commands: 2
- Touch commands: 2
- Total: 89 commands
- 4-deck mode
- Transport commands: 124 commands
- Transport buttons + combo commands: 96 buttons
- Shifted commands: 24
- Pitch reset: 4
- Knobs: 24
- Faders: 9
- Jog wheels: 8 commands
- Rotation commands: 4
- Touch commands: 4
- Total: 165 commands
Audio for mobile and club DJs
2 stereo outputs:
- 2-deck control
- DJ Console 4 MX controls 2 decks in the same way as DJ Console Rmx.
- 4-deck control
- DJ Console 4 MX controls both 2 decks and 4 decks, with 2 buttons switching the decks:
- - a deck switch button on the left deck converts deck A into C / deck C into A.
- - a deck switch button on the right deck converts deck B into D / deck D into B.
- Once a deck is switched:
- - all of the commands that the deck’s controls send to the DJ software are changed.
- - the letter of the active deck is highlighted in the center of the mixer.
2 stereo inputs:
- 2 independent stereo outputs on the rear panel:
- - 4 RCA connectors to connect to a stereo system, a recorder...
- - 4 mono connectors in 1/4 inch jack format, to connect to a PA amplifier or speakers.
- A ground lift switch on jack outputs 1-2, to protect the sound in the event of a ground loop.
- 1 headphones 1/4 inch stereo output, located both on the top panel and on the front panel.
- The headphones play the same channels as outputs 3-4 on the rear panel.
- The 2 ways of using DJ Console 4-Mx’s audio outputs are:
- For a mix inside DJ Console 4-Mx:
- - connect the speakers/amplifier to outputs 1-2, to play the mix for your audience.
- - connect headphones to one of the 2 headphone outputs (front or top), to preview tracks.
- For an external mix (using an external mixer - VirtualDJ Pro (not included) or other DJ software required):
- - connect DJ Console 4-Mx outputs 1-2 to inputs 1-2 on the external mixer.
- - connect DJ Console 4-Mx outputs 3-4 to inputs 3-4 on the external mixer.
- - mix on the external mixer, and connect headphones to the external mixer.
- - use DJ Console 4-Mx to control the virtual decks.
- 2 independent stereo inputs via 4 RCA connectors:
- - Select the audio source type in the DJ Console 4-Mx control panel: phono/consumer line/pro line/boost.
- - Boost mode supports +8dBu signal level (for use with Pioneer CDJ players, for example).
- - If the audio sources are vinyl turntables at phono level, connect the turntables’ ground cables to the DJ Console 4-Mx’s grounding screw.
- 1 microphone 1/4 inch jack mono input, located on both the top panel and the front panel.
- The microphone input can be set:
- - as a talk-over source (default mode): the microphone is played on outputs 1-2 over the music in the background, using the music attenuation level set in the DJ Console 4-Mx control panel (0dB, -3dB, -6dB or -9dB).
- - or as a standard source, replacing inputs 1-2.
- Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx pre-amplifies the microphone input by up to +34dB.