Everything you ever knew about foot controllers is about to change. Keith McMillen Instruments SoftStep USB Foot Controller is a leap forward in the portability and functionality of foot pedal controllers. Whether used with an effects rack, MIDI keyboard or popular music software, this innovative device frees musicians from heavy footswitch pedals while expanding their control. The KMI SoftStep application works with the SoftStep hardware controller to manipulate sensor data for finely tailored control. These modified control sources are mappable to any MIDI or OSC destination, giving the player unlimited potential for creative expression.
Keith McMillen Instruments SoftStep USB Foot Controller Features:
- Pressure: Each key is pressure sensitive for expressive control
- Direction: Translate up/down and left/right foot movements into control values
- Portable: Weighs just 1.3 pounds, stands less than 1 inch at its tallest, and is USB powered
- Deep: Up to 6 Note, CC, Pitch Bend, Program, MMC, or OSC messages per key
- Rugged: Elastomeric skin and a carbon fiber backing
- Flashy: 4-character LED display, 10 dual-color key LEDs, and EL underglow
- Stage Control: Live, Traktor, Guitar Rig, AmplitTube, MainStage, Loopers and more
- Studio Control: MMC and HUI control for ProTools, Logic and more
- Hardware Control: Avid Eleven Rack, Line6 POD, keyboards, and FX units
- Beyond Sound: Control lighting and video effects, robotics, pyrotechnics...
Keith McMillian Instruments SoftStep USB Foot Controller comes factory programmed with several scenes to get you using it right out of the box, but in the event that you want to customize your setup, we have a suite of software to assist in programming your own SoftStep scenes.
The KMI SoftStep Easy Editor is a simple tool for programming basic MIDI controls. Select the sources, the CC number, and send it down to the KMI SoftStep. It's that easy.
SoftStep Music Editor
If you want more finely detailed control of your Keith McMillan Instruments SoftStep, the SoftStep Music Editor is the application for you. With this program you can create and save preset 'scenes' and key mappings, adjust key sensitivity and response, monitor the information from the unit in real time, or download your setlist of presets to the KMI SoftStep for use without a computer.
SoftStep Sensor View
Extremely efficient and fully documented, the Keith McMillan Instruments SoftStep Max Development Kit comes with 2 Max 5 externals and a Max 5 patch that shows shows how to put them to use. All raw data from the SoftStep is 'cooked' to give simple control values for pressure, X, Y, Rotation, data latching, various triggers, LEDs, the alphanumeric display and more, served right into your Max or Max for Live patches.
Using KeyWorx software in conjunction with KMI SoftStep puts computer control at your feet. Select programs, bring browser windows forward, scroll through folders and open documents, control the cursor, enter text, send out keystrokes and mouse clicks, zoom in and out, control volume, output complex key commands, and more; all from simple foot movements.