The Korg AW2U Clip-On Ukulele Tuner
provides easy and accurate tuning for all types of ukuleles, from the popular four-stringed soprano ukulele to the eight-stringed baritone ukulele, in a convenient clip-on form. The Korg AW2U tuner is a must-have item for everyone who loves Hawaiian music, from the beginner to the advanced ukulele player.
Korg AW2U Clip-On Ukulele Tuner Features
Ideal for every type of ukulele
- Four modes support tuning every type of ukulele
- String name and note name are automatically detected and clearly displayed
- Clip size and shape is ideally suited for mounting on the ukulele's headstock
- Double ball joint mount allows the display to be positioned for optimal viewing
- Built-in backlight ensures excellent visibility even at night or in dim conditions
- Two backlight modes: Soft mode for low-illumination; Auto mode for high brightness
- Automatically switches to Soft mode to conserve batteries, when no sound is present
- Select the internal mic, or a piezo sensor that detects the vibrations of the instrument
- Auto Power Off prevents the battery from running down when the power is left on
- Memory Backup function
First choose the ukulele size, either Standard or Baritone. Select the number of strings – 4 string or 6-8 string. With these two settings, the Korg AW2U is ready to accurately tune all four sizes of ukulele, soprano, concert, tenor, and baritone, with any type of stringing, whether it's the standard four-string instrument, or a six or eight-stringed ukulele.
Combining the Standard and 6-8 String settings provides access to Low-G tuning, for enjoying solo performances over a wide range of pitches. With the display showing the string name and note name in large characters, the Korg AW2U uke tuner is an ideal first tuner for the beginning ukulele player, as well as for the seasoned professional.
Easy tuning dexterity
Simply attach the Korg AW2U directly to the headstock of the uke and you're ready to tune. With no wasted motions, you'll be able to tune smoothly and accurately. This clip-on tuner is designed to work with ukulele heads over a range of thicknesses. One side of the clip has an interior pad whose angle is adjustable, ensuring a stable fit. The display is connected to the clip using a double ball joint that provides a broad range of movement – left, right, up or down – providing the maximum in freedom of adjustability.
Multi-mode backlight for superb visibility
Blazing sunlight, evening twilight, nighttime illumination – a performer can be asked to play under a variety of lighting situations. That's why Korg equipped the AW2U tuner with a backlit meter that can be set to one of three modes.
Solid tuner functions
Light-weight and ultra-compact the Korg AW2U ukulele tuner provides a solid set of basic tuning functions. Unlike the built-in microphone, the internal piezo sensor picks up vibrations directly from the instrument, allowing you to tune even when there are other sounds around you. If desired, you can switch to tuning via the built-in mic; you can even attach the tuner to a mic stand. The AW2U is powered by a widely available CR2032 lithium battery, giving you an amazing 150 hours of operation with the backlight turned off.