The Korg HA40 Hawaiian Instrument Tuner is the must have tuner for players of Hawaiian instruments such as the ukulele and steel guitar. This fully functional ukulele and steel guitar tuner supports a variety of tunings, is very compact and features a highly visible display with easy to use functionality. The Korg HA40 uke tuner maintains Korg’s reputation for designing easy to use, high quality tuners!
Korg HA40 Hawaiian Instrument Tuner Features
- Dedicated steel guitar and ukulele tuner for Hawaiian music and instruments
- A broad detection range is supported in this hand held tuner, covering the tuning of steel guitars with numerous strings
- Sharp/flat tuning allows you to tune even with a capo attached to your instrument
- Meter mode lets you tune according to the input pitch
- Sound Out mode that lets you tune while listening to a reference tone
- An output jack allows the Korg HA40 to be connected directly to your amp
- The convenient stand on the back of the tuner allows it to be used in an upright position
- Auto Power-Off function preserves battery life
In spite of its compact size, the Korg HA40 is a high-precision LCD ukulele tuner with a detection accuracy of better than +/-1 cent, allowing you to tune with impeccable precision. It's designed with the motif of a turtle, beloved in Hawaii as a guardian deity of the ocean.
Support for various types of Hawaiian performance tunings
The HA40 tuner has a detection range of C1 (24.500 Hz) to C8 (4186 Hz), and allows you to tune sharps or flats relative to standard pitch. You can also adjust the pitch up or down in semitone steps and tune your instrument with a capo still attached.
The Korg HA40 supports a variety of tunings for Hawaiian instruments - two modes for ukulele and five for steel guitar. For the ukulele, the Korg HA40 provides LOW-G tuning suitable for solo performance as well as D tuning (American tuning) which raises the conventional C tuning by one step. A broad range of pitch detection is also supported allowing you to even tune steel guitars that have more than six strings.
Sound Out mode
The Korg HA40 tuner's Sound Out mode uses the internal speaker to play a reference tone for each string of the instrument you're tuning. This allows you to tune more accurately by using both your eyes and ears and training your sense of pitch by listening to the reference tone.
The Korg HA40 ukulele tuner provides an output jack that can be connected directly to your amp/speaker system. This allows you to leave your instrument connected to the ukulele tuner while you perform so you can easily check tuning at any time. By using the optional Korg CM-100L contact microphone you can tune acoustic instruments accurately, even in noisy environments.