- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
The Korg M50 61 Key Synthesizer Keyboard captures all the sonic firepower of the M3, distilled into a performance instrument that is second to none.
Incredible new sounds; fat and juicy combis, splits and layers; a plethora of ace effects; dynamic Drum Tracks; enhanced poly-arpeggiators; classic sequencing tools, a solid, confident keybed; up-to-date SD storage; companion editing software and our famous TouchView interactive display, it all adds up to an invigorating and sexy keyboard instrument that could only come from Korg.
Tipping the scales at a mere 15 pounds, the seriously portable 61 key version of the M50 sports a new semi-weighted Natural Touch keyboard. This new fast and responsive synthesizer keybed facilitates expressive and dynamic performing.
A Natural Performer
Made to be played, the M50 is inviting and comfortable. The TouchView screen is intuitive and interactive, allowing the uniquely angled front panel to remain refined and uncluttered. The buttons themselves are rock solid, backlit and rounded for visibility ease-of-use under any playing conditions. In addition to Korg’s four-way joystick and multi-function knobs, the M50 offers four Chord Triggers that provide a flexible and fun way to play chords and trigger arp patterns. A ten key numeric keypad allows on-demand instant access to sounds, combis and other parameter/values.
Perfectly Shaped Sounds
M50 is packed with over 600 individual sound programs, each one created by Korg’s renowned international voicing team. With a robust 256 MB of sample data, recorded in exacting studio conditions, the acoustic instruments are delivered with authenticity and realism, providing rich, natural articulation; synth sounds can be bombastic and aggressive, lush and enveloping, or pure and delicate. But first and foremost, the M50 remains a keyboard cornerstone for any musician. The remarkable piano offers three layers of stereo switching and an additional resonance layer for faithful and natural reproduction of the piano’s entire dynamic range.
In addition to the grand pianos, a myriad of other piano and keyboard mainstays are included, from a mono piano for pumping it out live on stage, to the ever in-demand vintage Korg SG-1 Sampling Grand. The electric pianos are responsive, dynamic and expressive, with all the tine and hammer-slap you can muster. The clavs feature all the classic settings with wide dynamic response, and there are even string and flute sounds taken from the tape-driven keyboards of days gone by. Korg’s REMS pickup/amp/cabinet modeling technology provides that finishing touch. All the classics are there at your finger-tips; with spot-on programs that are a blast to play!
Need to quickly tweak a sound to your liking? No problem, Tone Adjust allows simple access to the most important parameters and characteristics of a sound without having to dive deeply into programming. Available in Program, Combi and Sequencer modes, you can get done what you need to with a minimum of fuss and effort.
Mix and Match
In addition to the individual programs, a combination (or combi
) allows up to 16 sound programs to be stacked, split, layered and zoned across the keyboard; or set to individual MIDI channels. Nearly 400 of these combis come preloaded offering up tasty blends and splits for live performance. All of the preloaded sounds are completely editable, and there is plenty of room on-board (640 Programs, 512 Combinations) for all the sounds that you edit, modify, or create on your own.
The generous effect section of the M50 brings your sounds to life. Five insert effects and two master effects can be assigned and routed at will, with a total effect to add that final polish. From spacious and luxurious reverbs to space-warping modulation types, the effects can not only embellish a sound after the fact, they can be part of the sound programming itself - adding unique and defining sonic elements.
Let There Be Drums!
Korg has squeezed in over 1,600 drum and percussion samples that can be laid out into full drumkit
programs. Ready and waiting are 32 drumkits, with room for 48 more of your own. But there’s more! In addition to drumkits, the drum track feature hosts some 670 drum grooves that you can jam along to, or use to kick-start and inspire your own song ideas. In fact, each program has a matching drum track pre-assigned to get you started. BAM!
Rapid Results Sequencing
Korg wrote the book on workstations, and the M50 delivers every chapter! The on-board sequencer is the core of your music production studio. Over 200,000 notes can be recorded on 16 MIDI tracks and up to 128 songs. Enhanced 480 ppq resolution captures your performance with pinpoint accuracy, whether you play in realtime or step notes in one at a time. A plethora of advanced, yet easy-to-use editing features are available to help you sculpt your song into its final form.
Your new M50 includes both stand-alone and plug-in sound editing software for more detailed graphic editing on your computer, and connects directly via USB. The plug-in version allows you to edit the M50’s sounds from inside any DAW (VST, Audio Units, and RTAS formats), allowing your edits and changes to be part of the song file, and without having to switch applications to tweak a sound. The M50 also uses convenient SD cards for economical and reliable data storage.
In a word, the M50 just may be the keyboard you’ve been waiting for.
Korg M50 61 Key Synthesizer Keyboard Specifications
- Synthesis Technology: EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis)
- 256 Mbyte (when converted to 16-bit linear format)
- 1,077 Multisamples
- 1,609 Drum Samples
- 80 voices, 80 oscillators max, single mode
- 40 voices, 80 oscillators max, double mode*
* The actual maximum polyphony will vary depending on oscillator settings such as stereo multisamples and velocity crossfading.
- Programs: 640 total locations, 608 preloaded
- Combinations: 512 total locations, 384 preloaded
- Drumkits: 48 total locations, 32 preloaded
- GM: 256 GM2 programs, 9 GM2 drum kits
Program Structure EDS
- OSC1 (Single), OSC1+2 (Double)
- Stereo multisamples are supported
- 4 velocity zones per oscillator, with switching, crossfades and layers
- 4 types of filter routing (single, serial, parallel, 24 dB)
- 2 multi-mode filters per voice (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject)
- Driver: Per-voice nonlinear driver and low boost
- EQ: 3 bands, with sweepable mid
- For each voice: two envelope generators (Filter & Amp)
- 2 LFOs
- 2 key tracking generators (Filter & Amp)
- 2 AMS mixers
- Pitch EG
- Common LFO
- 2 common key tracking generators
- Up to 16 timbres
- For each Timbre: keyboard and velocity split/layer/crossfade
- INT, OFF, EXT and EX2 MIDI status settings
- 3-band EQ with sweepable mid
- Use OSC1, 2 or Both
- Force Osc Mode (PRG, MONO, LEGATO, POLY)
- Portamento and Bend range settings
- Controller filters
- Modifications to the program settings via the Tone Adjust function
Drum Kit Structure
- Stereo and mono drum samples
- 4-way velocity switches with crossfades and adjustable crossfade shapes (Linear, Power, Layer)
- Exclusive keygroups
- Per key 3-band EQ, Drive, Lo Boost, filter and level offsets
- 5 Insert Effects (stereo in/out), 2 Master Effects (stereo in/out), 1 Total Effect (stereo in/out) are available simultaneously
- 2 effect control busses, 2 effect common LFOs
- 170 types (can be used for Insert/Master/Total)
Note: double-size effects cannot be used as a Total effect
- Effects Presets: Up to 32 per Effect, 700 provided in OS 1.10
- 3-band Track EQ (High, low, and sweepable mid band) Per Program in Program Mode, per Timbre in Combination mode (16 total), and per Track in Sequencer mode (16 total)
- 16-track MIDI sequencer with 480 ppq resolution
- 128 Songs, 20 Cue Lists, 210,000 notes (max)
- Tempo: 40.00 – 300.00 BPM (1/100 resolution)
- 16 preset/16 user Template Songs
- 522 preset patterns, 100 user patterns (per Song)
- Cue List function: 20 cue lists, Songs can be arranged consecutively or repeatedly in up to 99 steps, A cue list can be converted back into a song
- Standard MIDI File (SMF) format 0 and 1 available
- Auto Song Setup function (One Touch Record) for easily going from a Program or Combination into record-ready status
Dual Polyphonic Arpeggiator
- 2 arpeggiators, useable simultaneously (Combination, Sequencer modes)
- 5 preset arpeggio patterns; 216 user arpeggio patterns (200 preloaded)
- RPPR (Realtime Pattern Play/Recording): A set of 100 patterns are available per Song
- 671 preset patterns/1,000 user patterns
- Patterns created in Sequencer mode can be converted to drum track user patterns
- Trigger Mode (Immediate, Wait for Keyboard), Sync (On, Off) and Zone (Key and Velocity) settings can be specified
- Program selection, 3-band EQ and effect bussing available
- L/MONO, R - 1/4 inch TS (Mono), unbalanced
- Headphones - 1/4 inch TRS (Stereo), Output Impedance: 33 Ohms, Maximum Level: 32+ 32 mW @33 Ohms
- MIDI: IN, OUT
- Computer: USB type B connector (for MIDI interface, USB 2.0 supported)
- Computer with the KORG USB-MIDI Driver
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition/Professional Service Pack 2 or later (MIDI Driver for the 64-bit editions is a Beta version), all editions of Microsoft Windows Vista (MIDI Driver for the 64-bit editions is a Beta version), computer supports Windows XP/Vista with USB port (Intel USB Host Controller recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, Apple Macintosh with USB ports supports Mac OS X 10.3.9 (PowerPC/Intel-based supported)
- Please use the latest Korg USB/MIDI driver
M50 Editor/Plug-In Editor
- Windows XP Home Edition / Professional Service Pack 2 or later, Intel Pentium III/1 GHz or faster, 512 Mbyte or larger memory (1 Gbyte or larger recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later, G4/800 MHz or faster (Intel-based Mac supported, G5 and/or Core Duo recommended), 512 Mbyte or larger memory (1 Gbyte or larger recommended)
- XVP-10: EXP/VOL Pedal
- EXP-2: Foot Controller
- DS-1H: Damper Pedal (supports half-damping)
- PS-1: Pedal Switch
- Keyboard: 61-key version uses a semi-weighted Natural Touch keyboard
- Controllers: Joystick, [SW1], [SW2]
- Display: 5.7 inch TouchView GUI, 320 x 240 dot
- Damper Pedal (half damper pedaling supported)
- Assignable Switch
- Assignable Pedal
- Frequency response: 20 Hz–20 kHz, +/-1.0 dB, 10 k Ohms load
- THD+N: 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08 % 10 k Ohms load (typical)
- Three-Pronged IECC13 Power Cable
- Owner’s Manual (M50 Operation Guide)
- CD-ROM (M50 Parameter Guide (PDF)
- Voice Name List (PDF)
- KORG MIDI driver
- M50 Editor stand alone and plug-in versions
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 40.43 x 11.57 x 4.17 Inches
- Weight: 14.9 Pounds
- Current Consumption: 35 Watts
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.
D-ray from Belton,tx,usa, anonmyous42460
|A good board
|Would you consider this product to be made well? How dependable?
|its ok but a little flimsey.. But my m50 dont leave the studio..
|What do you consider to be the best features of this product? What features would you add to this product if you could?
|This board could have had rendering in wave form.
|Ease of Use
|How easy is this product to use? How easy is the product to use with other products? Did it take long for you to learn to use this product? Was the manual helpful? How playable do you consider this product to be?
|Its pretty easy for a persons first workstation..
|How is the tone?
|Was this item an overall good value?
|Overall it was well worth it.Im happy with it.