- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
The Korg MR-1000 is the perfect tool for the professional who wants to record and archive their final mixes in the studio, while its compact size and portability make it ideal for location recording.
Whatever the use, you get the benefit of capturing it at the new high 5.6 MHz rate. After recording and editing all your tracks in the DAW/hardware system of your choice, you can mix directly, or via an analog summing mixer, to the MR-1000. This gives you the superb fidelity of high-rate1-bit technology, which when transferred to your computer can be converted to the mastering format of your choice thanks to AudioGate. And backing up in 1-bit format “future proofs” your mix for potential reuse in the future.
The table-top MR-1000 includes combination XLR/ 1/4" input connectors with top quality microphone preamps, phantom power and built-in limiting. Both XLR and RCA outputs are provided for maximum flexibility. High speed USB connectivity allows easy file transfer to and from a computer. The MR-1000 runs on AC power or via AA batteries for mobile freedom.
Future-proof digital recording is here
With the pristine fidelity and ultimate flexibility of 1-bit technology, the new, surprisingly affordable MR-1000 and MR-1 ensure that your final mixes and location recordings are never obsolete.
Uncompromising, future-proof fidelity at an unprecedented price
Korg’s new, super-portable MR Professional Mobile Recorders break new ground by providing high fidelity 1-bit recording technology at unheard of low prices. The hand-held MR-1 provides high quality 1-bit/2.8 MHz recording and playback, while the mobile/tabletop MR-1000 delivers an astonishing 1-bit/5.6 MHz, doubling industry DSD recording quality standards.
Powerful new software bundled with each MR recorder enables the conversion of your 1-bit recordings and mixes into all of today’s audio formats without degradation. Best of all, by archiving your data in 1-bit format you’re ready for the future, as playback systems and standards change.
The MR Professional Mobile Recorders are ideal for source recording, podcasting, broadcast journalism including ENG/EFP, as well as archiving final mixes and master recordings.
1-bit technology equals pristine fidelity
1-bit recording is the latest advancement in audio, and has been adopted for use in the critically acclaimed SACD recording format. It offers a frequency response of DC to 100 kHz and dynamic range of 120 dB. This uncompromising fidelity, low noise floor, extended dynamic range, lifelike imaging and analog quality depth has been praised by top experts. But there are other important advantages to the format that are of benefit to all recording professionals, regardless of their tracking platform.
Future proof flexibility
Today’s state-of-the-art 24-bit converters use high-speed 1-bit conversion to capture audio, using real-time decimation and other processes to present the data in the desired bit depth/sample rate format. The beauty of the MR’s bitstream format is that it uses the original 1-bit data, without the need for the other processes. What comes in comes out, with no manipulation needed.
As files are converted and reconverted between various bit depths and sampling rates, there are possibly degrading effects, depending on the sample rate conversion algorithms. The critical issue is that files mixed and mastered in today’s state of the art resolution may be insufficient for tomorrow’s formats. Archiving your final mixes and masters in a 1-bit system allows you to bypass these issues, and preserve your music with both the highest fidelity and in a more “universal” format. That data then can more easily be converted at a later date to the bit depth/sample rate format of your choice without compromising the integrity or fidelity of the data. You can even convert to newer formats that will be adopted in the future, be they multi-bit or a further migration to the 1-bit format.
Free integrated software solution
Both MR recorders come with Korg’s innovative and powerful AudioGate™ software for Mac and PC. AudioGate can convert 1-bit recordings into WAV and AIFF formats at various bit-rates (and vice versa) and offers real-time conversion and playback of 1-bit files. It also does essential functions like DC offset removal, gain control, and fade in/out. The combination of these recorders and this exclusive software makes the perfect system for both capturing and preserving your critical projects and source recordings. This archiving capability that had only been the domain of the major record companies and top studios is now available for everyone!
Real world features
Each recorder supports multiple recording formats including DSDIFF, DSF, and WSD 1-bit formats, as well as multi-bit PCM format (BWF) with resolutions up to 24-bit/192 kHz. They both feature internal hard drives, 40 Gbyte in the MR-1000 and 20 Gbyte in the MR-1 offering ample recording time, and USB 2.0 connection for fast and easy transfer of files between the recorder and your computer.
Korg MR1000 Pro Mobile Recorder Specifications
- Number of Tracks: 2 tracks, 2-track recording/playback simultaneously
- Recording Formats:
- 1-bit audio formats - DSDIFF, DSF, WSD: 2.8224 MHz @ 1-bit, 5.6448 MHz @ 1-bit
- PCM audio formats - WAV, BWF: 44.1 kHz @ 16/24-bit, 48 kHz @ 16/24-bit, 88.2 kHz @ 24-bit, 96 kHz @ 24-bit, 176.4 kHz @ 24-bit, 192 kHz @ 24-bit
- MP3 format - playback only 44.1kHz/32kbps-320kbps
- Internal Hard Disk Drive: 40 GB
- Recording Time: Max Approx. 60 Hours (44.1 kHz @ 16-bit, 2-track)
- Number of Projects: Recognizes a maximum of 200 for each format, max 1,000 projects
- Mark Points: 100 points per a song (no mark name)
- USB Functions: USB 2.0 supported, ability to use as FAT32 external USB drive
- Song Editing: Rename, Delete, Protect
- Display: 160 x 104 dots LCD with backlight
- Dimensions: 192(W) x 170(D) x 56(H) mm/7.56(W) x 6.69(D) x 2.20(H) inches
- Weight: 1.0 kg/2.20 lbs. (without batteries)
- Power Supply: Eight AA batteries (sold separately), Oxyride batteries, charged nickel metal-hydride batteries, or AC Adapter model
- Current Consumption: 7 W
- Included Accessories: AC Adapter; Carrying Bag; CD-ROM (AudioGate Audio File Conversion Software)
- Frequency Response: 10Hz ~ 20kHz ±1dB @ Fs44.1kHz, 10Hz ~ 40kHz ±1dB @ Fs88.2kHz/96kHz/176.4kHz/192kHz, 10Hz ~ 100kHz (1 bit)
- S/N: 96 dB (typical) @ IHF-A INPUT-OUTPUT
- THD+N: 0.008% (typical) 20 kHz-LP
- A/D Conversion: 2.8224 MHz/5.6448 MHz (1-bit), 24-bit (PCM)
- D/A Conversion: 2.8224 MHz/5.6448 MHz (1-bit), 24-bit (PCM)
- Connectors: XLR-3-31 type / 1/4 inch TRS phone jack (balanced)
Phantom power: 48V/10mA per channel, on/off switch
- Input Impedance: 4.5 k Ohm (XLR-3-31), 68 k Ohm (TRS phone, Line)
- Nominal Level: - 60 dBu - - 28 dBu, XLR (balanced), - 26 dBu - + 4 dBu, 1/4 inch TRS phone (balanced), - 26 dBV - - 6 dBV, 1/4 inch TRS phone (Unbalanced)
- Maximum: 16 dBu, XLR (balanced), + 16 dBu, 1/4 inch TRS phone (balanced), + 6 dBV, 1/4 inch TRS phone (Unbalanced)
Output L-R (Unbalanced/Balanced):
- Connectors: RCA (Unbalanced)/XLR-3-32 type (balanced)
- Nominal Level: 6 dBV/+ 4 dBu
- Maximum Level: + 6 dBV/+ 16 dBu
- Load Impedance: 47 k Ohm or greater/600 k Ohm or greater
- Connector: 1/4 inch stereo phone jack
- Load Impedance: 16 k Ohm or greater
- Maximum Level: 50 mW + 50 mW @ 32 k Ohm
- Connector: Type B
- Format: USB 2.0 High-Speed device, USB mass storage class
- AC adaptor (also operates as charger), carry bag, CD-ROM (AudioGate audio file conversion application)
AudioGate System Requirement
- Supported OS: Windows XP Home Edition/Professional Edition (Service Pack 1 or later), Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later
- CPU: Windows: Intel Pentium III/1 GHz or faster, Macintosh: Apple G4/800 MHz or faster (Intel-based Mac supported)
- Memory: 256 MB or larger (512 MB or larger recommended)
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.