- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
The Korg SP-280 88-Key Digital Piano
offers the experience of playing a concert grand piano in a beautifully-designed digital piano that’s ideal for your home or stage use! Incredibly rich, dynamic acoustic piano sounds, authentic vintage electric piano sounds as well as organs, clavs, strings and more make the SP-280 perfect for any seasoned pianist and even beginners. High quality built in speakers deliver superb sound while Korg’s Natural Weighted Hammer Action keyboard provides the touch of an acoustic piano.
Korg SP-280 88-Key Digital Piano Features
- Rich, dynamic acoustic piano sounds that are enjoyable to play
- Authentic vintage electric piano sounds, perfect for live performance
- High-output amp section produces plenty of volume
- Stylish design
- Natural Weighted Hammer Action (NH) keyboard faithfully reproduces the touch of an acoustic piano
- Lightweight design makes transportation easy
- Included stand is light and easy to attach
- Built-in metronome lets you adjust the time signature, tempo, and volume
- Included damper pedal will function as a half-damper pedal, allowing you to vary the damper effect by how far you press the pedal
- Stereo audio input is provided, for playing along with external audio sources
The Korg SP-280 provides a playing feel that's incredibly close to that of an acoustic piano by switching between four piano samples according to the dynamics of your performance. From delicate pianissimo to dynamic fortissimo, the sound will respond realistically to how you play. In particular, the Grand Piano sound reproduces the damper resonance that is heard when you press the damper pedal of an acoustic piano, heightening your experience of the overall piano sound and making it even more enjoyable to play.
Vintage electric piano sounds
Korg paid special attention to the high-quality electric piano sounds, which are period-accurate and highly satisfying. The standard electric piano sounds reproduce not only the way in which the tone responds to your touch, but also the subtle noises that occur when you release a key. Six varieties are provided, covering the sounds widely used in the pop music of the '60s and '70s, as well as the tones valued in soul music.
30 high-quality sounds
Including the acoustic and electric piano sounds, the SP-280 contains 30 richly expressive and high-quality sounds, including organs, clavs, harpsichord, strings, and more. There's also a Layer Mode that lets you play two sounds together, and a Partner Mode that divides the keyboard into left and right regions so that two people can play the same range of pitches. Two headphone jacks make it convenient for two people to enjoy playing the Korg SP-280 keyboard together.
There are three effects: brilliance adjusts the brightness of the tone, reverb simulates the natural ambience (reverberation) of a concert hall, and chorus adds spaciousness.
The SP-280 digital piano features two onboard amplifiers that deliver 2 x 22 Watts of output power; the highest in its class. Delivering ample richness, deep lows and sparkling highs, the SP-280's amplifiers make the expressive piano tones sound even better. Since the speakers are capable of producing high volume, they can provide plenty of power for a small live event without requiring a PA system to be connected.
The Natural Weighted Hammer Action (NH) keyboard provides the same playing feel as an acoustic piano, with heavier action in the lower register and a lighter response as you play upward into the higher register, and allowing the nuances of your playing to be faithfully expressed by the sound. The Key Touch Control function gives you three levels of adjustment to specify how your playing dynamics will affect the output, letting you enjoy performing in a way that suits your own playing touch.
You can connect a portable audio player or similar device to the LINE IN jack (stereo mini-jack) and listen to it through the Korg SP-280's speakers while you play along, offering a convenient and simple setup for live performance. You can also use the LINE OUT jacks (phone jacks) to connect amplified speakers or a recording device.
The included damper pedal will function as a half-damper pedal, allowing you to vary the damper effect by how far you press the pedal. If an optional pedal unit (PU-2) is connected, you'll also be able to use soft and sostenuto pedals in addition to the damper pedal. This gives you three pedals just as on an acoustic piano, and is recommended for the serious piano student or performer.
The Korg SP-280 digital piano supports MIDI, the unified standard for transferring performance data between electronic musical instruments and computers. MIDI allows connected devices to control each other, and lets you use the SP-280 as a 16-part multi-timbral sound module.
Korg SP-280 88-Key Digital Piano Specifications
- Keyboard: 88 notes (A0–C8), Natural Weighted Hammer Action (NH)
- Touch selection: Light, Normal, Heavy
- Pitch: Transpose, Fine tuning
- Temperament: 9 kinds
- Sound generation: Stereo Piano System
- Maximum polyphony: 120 notes
- 30 Total (10 x 3 Banks);
- Acoustic Piano x 5, Electric Grand, Electric Piano x 6, Harpsichord, Clavi x 2, Vibraphone, Marimba, Acoustic Guitar, Jazz Organ x 3, Pipe Organ x 3, Strings x 3, Choir 3
- Effects: Brilliance, Reverb and Chorus (3 levels each)
- Demo Songs: 30 (Sound Demo song x 10, Piano Demo Song x 20)
- Metronome: Tempo, Time signature, Accent, Sound and Volume controls
- Connections: Line Out (L.MONO/ R), Line In, MIDI (In, Out), Headphones x 2, Pedal, Pedal unit
- Amplification: 22 Watt × 2
- Speakers: Oval (8cm – 12cm) x 2
- Pedals: Damper
- Controls: Power, Volume, Piano Song, Transpose, Function, Touch, Brilliance, Reverb, Chorus, Bank, Sound x 10, Up, Down, Metronome
- Power supply: DC 19 V, AC adapter (included)
- Power Consumption: 15W
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 53.58 x 15.98 x 30.91 inches (including Stand)
- Weight: 41.89 lbs
- Accessories: AC adapter, Music Stand, Stand, and Damper pedal
Price Match - Guarantee
Price Match - Guarantee
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.