The KRK Ergo Studio Monitor Room Processor (ERGO - Enhanced Room Geometry Optimization) automatically tailors the sound in your mixing environment to give you a much more accurate room and better mixes. A great mix starts with a great recording room. But when it comes to achieving the most accurate mix, your room may have the upper hand. Like any room, your studio's acoustics include offending frequencies and room reflections, and none of these are helping your mix. Getting a handle on these problems has traditionally meant the installation of soft foam or fabrics, and that's a great start. But now you can get even closer to a perfect room, and a perfect mix, because the future of studio sound is here, and it's called ERGO.
ERGO's high-end sound quality makes it perfect for the discriminating audio professional, while the affordable price puts it within reach of the typical recording hobbyist. Every studio needs an ERGO, because even the most accurate monitor in an imperfect room isn't going to solve mixing problems, but ERGO will. ERGO also makes your mix translate from the studio to different environments. How good is a great track that only sounds great in your room? With ERGO, your mix sounds great everywhere you or your fans want to hear it. Want better sound, and in more places? Put an ERGO in the mix.
ERGO is a digital room analysis/correction system and consists of the ERGO unit, a microphone, and control software. These three pieces are used to measure and analyze phase/frequency problems within a listening environment.
Smarter than your average gear
Room correction products aren’t new, but thank goodness ERGO is. While conventional room correction systems utilize simple analysis and limited bands of EQ (often fewer than 8), ERGO uses multiple measurements and proprietary algorithms to create a 3D image of the room, and then applies 1024 dynamic filters to control the audio environment. Our 3D model allows users to preserve the “good” characteristics of the room, while correcting the bad... ERGO doesn’t color the sound or produce an artificially sterile environment. ERGO produces the best mix for a given room; a mix that will translate better to other listening environments, since it was mixed in a perfect
KRK Ergo Features
- Large Volume Knob: Ultra-smooth response volume control provides simultaneous control of ERGO's A/B/Sub outputs.
- A Speakers: Enables or disables the audio being sent to the A speakers.
- B Speakers: Enables or disables the audio being sent to the B or subwoofer speakers.
- Room Correction: Turns room correction processing on or off.
- Focus/Global: The 3D model allows users to preserve the good features of the room, while correcting the bad. This gives you perfectly corrected sound while mixing. In Global mode, the corrected spot is widened so that others (producers, musicians, groupies) can enjoy your mix in a corrected environment.
- Headphone Volume (side panel): Adjusts the output level of the headphone jack. The headphones have their own independent audio stream, or can mirror the A stream.
- Calibration Switch (back panel): This enables the room calibration microphone and places ERGO into analysis mode.
If the sophisticated room analysis wasn’t enough, ERGO can help around your studio in other ways too. Ergo can switch between two sets of full range monitors, or two monitors and a subwoofer via its front panel controls. Switch easily between monitors or monitors and sub systems. Each set of speakers will have their own correction filters. ERGO also provides a choice of selecting between two stereo audio streams through the headphone output. While ERGO’s large volume control delivers ultra-smooth response of ERGO’s A/B/Sub outputs. ERGO has your connections.